Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Colour vs resale
Stevemac1

RE: Colour vs resale

I think mine looks pretty sharp in Santorini with the shady windows Cool

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
19-03-2014 04:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MarkA_

(18-03-2014 12:09pm)Tony Wrote:  We have just ordered Santorini to replace Indus. Orkney Grey was to similar to what we had, Mauritius Blue looked dull but good on an FL2 we saw, Firenze Red looks good on a bright sunny day - which we don't get many of.

Of course I have an MB on order so I am going to have to disagree with your comment there Wink

I have seen Firenze a few times recently on overcast days and I think it looks wonderful (when it;s clean) - a lovely rich deep red when overcast. Works in well both environments for me.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
19-03-2014 05:23pm
m_101

I love my white with santorini roof, but given the option again I would actually have probably preferred an OG car with exactly the same options, don't think there's anything I would add or take away except possibly adding the panoramic roof.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
19-03-2014 07:28pm
abcya

Interesting to read the positive comments on Firenze red here and I'm still happy with mine whether it's sunny or under street lights. It was one of the colours where the metallic flecks were in short supply at launch as they came from a factory in Japan (affected by the tsunami).

I don't anticipate it being more difficult to sell based on the positive comments I still get and they're not as common - in my area at least.

However, I do recall that a Porsche dealer once told me that red second hand Porsches are more difficult to sell.

Firenze red Dynamic 5-door with Verve interior and pano roof
19-03-2014 11:04pm
Jeroma

(17-03-2014 10:23pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I thought my ears were burning!

Duracell Tim.............. maybe I should change my forum name!

I would say buy one in a bright colour - Fuji White, Firenze Red, Loire Blue , Zanzibar, Silver or Orkney Grey - they are the more popular colours and IMHO Evoque looks best in brighter colours, personally I would avoid Santorini Black and Aintree Green.
90% of the Evoques in our area are black or white, have seen only one in Orkney grey what would have been my second choice.
To make the difference, to match the colour of my TR3 Smile I choose Aintree Green, what certainly has a blue shade in it. Matches perfectly with an expresso/almond interior.
Unfortunately someone nice elderly person was kind anough to add some scratches with his rollatorat the hospital parkingCrying    

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
20-03-2014 11:06am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Ouch, that isn't nice.
Jeroma, don't get me wrong, I like Aintree (my Defender is after all Epsom Green and the two colours are very similar) but on the used market in the UK dark green cars are not that popular, having said that Epsom/Tonga/Galway/Aintree are very popular with Defender owners. Rumour has it that horsey people buy dark green cars because it calms horses or something like that............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-03-2014 11:25am
Jeroma

(20-03-2014 11:25am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Ouch, that isn't nice.
Jeroma, don't get me wrong, I like Aintree (my Defender is after all Epsom Green and the two colours are very similar) but on the used market in the UK dark green cars are not that popular, having said that Epsom/Tonga/Galway/Aintree are very popular with Defender owners. Rumour has it that horsey people buy dark green cars because it calms horses or something like that............
---------------
No problem Tim. myself I do not fancy white cars. The day I picket up the car someone in the showroom offered me 1k pounds in addition to the price I paid for the car. He just wanted it, but I did not wish to wait another 4 months and I realy don't need that money.

I'm not a big friend of green either, but this green shade is very nice, you have to see it to believe, and as I said there are too many white and black Evoques around. On the other hand up to now I had too many black and silver cars.

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
20-03-2014 06:50pm
m_101

I saw my first Zanzibar today - a dynamic without the black pack. It's lighter than I thought it would be. I liked it but still think if I were to go again it would be an OG dynamic with a black pano roof.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
21-03-2014 12:33am
PhilSkill

(20-03-2014 11:06am)Jeroma Wrote:  Unfortunately someone nice elderly person was kind anough to add some scratches with his rollatorat the hospital parkingCrying

Nasty, can you polish much of that out?

Interesting how that green comes up very Blue (I thought it was Mauritius at first) on my screen. And yet I saw an Aintree green on the road thought it was very dark.

Funnily I'd say 25% White, 30% Grey, 30% Black and 10% Red, 3% Mauritius, 1% Ipanema, 1% Silver! in my area. Not seen a Zanzibar in the Flesh/Metal/Plastic yet!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-03-2014 09:29am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Basis a trip into Glasgow city centre via the northern suburbs yesterday morning and back out at rush hour 98% Evoques in the Glasgow area are Fuji White - apart from the at least 15 white Evoques (nearly all with a black contrast roof) I saw there was only 1 Santorini and 2 Colima Limes (both with contrast roof) spotted. No Red's no Silvers, no Blues and no greens

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-03-2014 09:53am