Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cold frosty nights are on the way
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Cold frosty nights are on the way

Guys don't forget two things during the winter:
a) To park the wipers in the winter frost setting at night (then the front screen heater will thaw the frost from them so you don't pull the rubbers off.
b) Turn the auto on wipers to "Off" before leaving the car in the evening - if you get heavy frost the rain sensor gets confused and will try to sweep the screen, damaging your wiper rubbers again.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-11-2012 04:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jojosr

RE: Cold frosty nights are on the way

+1

Ordered: 2.3.2012:
RRE Prestige SD4 AT, Barolo Black, Spirit/Macassar/Ivory/Espresso Oxford Leather Interiour, Black Pano roof, Privacy Glass, AUX Heating, Heated seats and Wheel, Tech pack.
Delivered: 19.9.2012
[Image: 151832.png]
07-11-2012 04:11pm
KaDargo

(07-11-2012 04:07pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Guys don't forget two things during the winter:
a) To park the wipers in the winter frost setting at night (then the front screen heater will thaw the frost from them so you don't pull the rubbers off.
b) Turn the auto on wipers to "Off" before leaving the car in the evening - if you get heavy frost the rain sensor gets confused and will try to sweep the screen, damaging your wiper rubbers again.

Unless I have missed something - the wipers stay in that position when driving - they should fully 'park' when on the move, not blocking the screen!!

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
07-11-2012 04:19pm
XFullFatTim

That's why I saw "at night", maybe I should have said "when you park the car for the night"

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-11-2012 04:22pm
PhilSkill

I tried the winter park too, they have missed the trick, meaning it should be the postition for parking, not for when driving. makes the feature almost useless IMHO. You don't want to be faffing changing menu settings everytime you get in and out of the car.

+1 for the Auto Wipers off... had me over from day 1 of ownership... another feature where they should not do a wipe immediately on turning the car on, but wait untill it's sensed the ambient situation before wiping.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-11-2012 04:42pm
XFullFatTim

I'll be jetting off to the sun for 3 months, shouldn't be too much of a problem for me this winter, I'm not even bothering with the winter tyres this year!

07-11-2012 05:02pm
PhilSkill

Lucky for some... Don't work too hard Smile

Servicing every 12 months must seem a bit of a pain when you don't use it for 1/4 of that time.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-11-2012 05:13pm
XFullFatTim

Since August I have done 5500 miles.............. it's hardly a driveway diva! In the 12 months to September 9th it did almost 12000 miles, I buy my cars to use not to look at!

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 05:23pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-11-2012 05:23pm
eddkawasaki

I agree the winter wiper position is a pain to set every night it should just go to that position when you stop the car.

I don't know if they changed anything the in the software for the auto wipers on the my13 models but on Monday morning when I thought I'd be nice and go and warm up the wife's car for her. While hers was warming up I started the evoque and hit the Max demist button, the wipers did not move for about 2 mins then they wiped. By this time the heated screen had softened the frost so that no damage was done. I'm not sure if this was just a one off or what but I'll keep my eye on it if we have any more cold mornings.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
07-11-2012 06:11pm
Bessiebella

My Evoque will be tucked up in the garage at night, with a quilt on to keep it warm lol
07-11-2012 06:34pm