babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Cold frosty nights are on the way - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Tips & Tricks (/Forum-Tips-Tricks)
+--- Thread: Cold frosty nights are on the way (/Thread-Cold-frosty-nights-are-on-the-way)

Pages: 1 2

Cold frosty nights are on the way - XFullFatTim - 07-11-2012 04:07pm

Guys don't forget two things during the winter:
a) To park the wipers in the winter frost setting at night (then the front screen heater will thaw the frost from them so you don't pull the rubbers off.
b) Turn the auto on wipers to "Off" before leaving the car in the evening - if you get heavy frost the rain sensor gets confused and will try to sweep the screen, damaging your wiper rubbers again.

RE: Cold frosty nights are on the way - jojosr - 07-11-2012 04:11pm

+1

RE: Cold frosty nights are on the way - KaDargo - 07-11-2012 04:19pm

(07-11-2012 04:07pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Guys don't forget two things during the winter:
a) To park the wipers in the winter frost setting at night (then the front screen heater will thaw the frost from them so you don't pull the rubbers off.
b) Turn the auto on wipers to "Off" before leaving the car in the evening - if you get heavy frost the rain sensor gets confused and will try to sweep the screen, damaging your wiper rubbers again.

Unless I have missed something - the wipers stay in that position when driving - they should fully 'park' when on the move, not blocking the screen!!

RE: Cold frosty nights are on the way - XFullFatTim - 07-11-2012 04:22pm

That's why I saw "at night", maybe I should have said "when you park the car for the night"

RE: Cold frosty nights are on the way - PhilSkill - 07-11-2012 04:42pm

I tried the winter park too, they have missed the trick, meaning it should be the postition for parking, not for when driving. makes the feature almost useless IMHO. You don't want to be faffing changing menu settings everytime you get in and out of the car.

+1 for the Auto Wipers off... had me over from day 1 of ownership... another feature where they should not do a wipe immediately on turning the car on, but wait untill it's sensed the ambient situation before wiping.

RE: Cold frosty nights are on the way - XFullFatTim - 07-11-2012 05:02pm

I'll be jetting off to the sun for 3 months, shouldn't be too much of a problem for me this winter, I'm not even bothering with the winter tyres this year!

RE: Cold frosty nights are on the way - PhilSkill - 07-11-2012 05:13pm

Lucky for some... Don't work too hard Smile

Servicing every 12 months must seem a bit of a pain when you don't use it for 1/4 of that time.

RE: Cold frosty nights are on the way - XFullFatTim - 07-11-2012 05:23pm

Since August I have done 5500 miles.............. it's hardly a driveway diva! In the 12 months to September 9th it did almost 12000 miles, I buy my cars to use not to look at!

RE: Cold frosty nights are on the way - eddkawasaki - 07-11-2012 06:11pm

I agree the winter wiper position is a pain to set every night it should just go to that position when you stop the car.

I don't know if they changed anything the in the software for the auto wipers on the my13 models but on Monday morning when I thought I'd be nice and go and warm up the wife's car for her. While hers was warming up I started the evoque and hit the Max demist button, the wipers did not move for about 2 mins then they wiped. By this time the heated screen had softened the frost so that no damage was done. I'm not sure if this was just a one off or what but I'll keep my eye on it if we have any more cold mornings.

RE: Cold frosty nights are on the way - Bessiebella - 07-11-2012 06:34pm

My Evoque will be tucked up in the garage at night, with a quilt on to keep it warm lol