Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changing my mind
ED209

RE: Changing my mind

(06-06-2012 02:16pm)THEMACS Wrote:  You mst be used to Crap then, that's Fine Ed good on you for accepting second best!!

I think the interior quality is ok for a 30k car.

Its a mass produced mainstream model remember not a hand built rolls royce costing ten times as much.

I wont accept rattles but i find the general interior quality ok.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
06-06-2012 02:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

(06-06-2012 02:57pm)ED209 Wrote:  I think the interior quality is ok for a 30k car.

Its a mass produced mainstream model remember not a hand built rolls royce costing ten times as much.

I wont accept rattles but i find the general interior quality ok.

Good for you!!

Well I can think of many a Cheaper car that have Much Better quality interior plastics.

We do love the car but there are a few items which let a £40k car down and should be addressed in my opinion.

And as for Mass Produced, is a BMW 3 series or a Merc C Class not produced in WAY more numbers than an Evoque??

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
06-06-2012 03:55pm
J77

Audi is the best, BMW is the best, Mercedes Benz is the best that's all I ever read on this forum.

One question, why did you buy from Land Rover? Land Rovers poor build quality has been well documented.

The dash board plastics are pretty good for recycled plastic cups, I have a rattle but I love the Evoque and I love LR and I wouldn't drive anything else.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
06-06-2012 04:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

+1 J77, I've owned Audis and found them a) incredibly boring cars, b) dull as ditchwater in the inside and c) so firmly suspended that they were a health risk. I can say this for my Evoque, the quality of some of the fittings is NOT as good a quality as in an L322 Range Rover or a Disco3 or an RRS, but I take that as the price that as the price that has to be
paid for better fuel economy and a lighter car. I wouldn't say my RRE is any less well built that the other cars but there
are places where the quality of the trim isn't great and does need some attention - the same criticism was levelled at both Disco3 and RRS when they were launched, they were both launched with "hitech" green LCD screens that were at least 10 years out of date but they were new technology for LR owners, who soon let LR know what they thought of them. Is this not one of the reasons why we join forums like this and why many car makers read them?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 04:32pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-06-2012 04:31pm
brough74

Its a dynamic with the sports seats, and the belt does not move. Ive had 3 audis before this. The front wheel arches move, the lower door trim moves in and out when pressed as its not fully back to the metal. I expected moor from range rover i feel a bit let down to be honest
06-06-2012 04:37pm
leeselee

(06-06-2012 03:55pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Good for you!!

Well I can think of many a Cheaper car that have Much Better quality interior plastics.

We do love the car but there are a few items which let a £40k car down and should be addressed in my opinion.

And as for Mass Produced, is a BMW 3 series or a Merc C Class not produced in WAY more numbers than an Evoque??

Im truly sorry you are unhappy. I followed your posts as you got yours after I ordered mine. I thought you were happy

do you think its because you spent more on a prestige, so expected more than I would with a pure?

I currently own a Mercedes and I think I may have to forget certain quality aspects of the new car when I get it, eventually

you can't beat the "clunk" of a Mercedes but I love the look of the Evoque.

now please, dont shout at me Smile
06-06-2012 04:43pm
Big G

(06-06-2012 04:37pm)brough74 Wrote:  Its a dynamic with the sports seats, and the belt does not move. Ive had 3 audis before this. The front wheel arches move, the lower door trim moves in and out when pressed as its not fully back to the metal. I expected moor from range rover i feel a bit let down to be honest

Take this in the spirit its meant - but did you not look at this before you bought the RRE or did you buy without looking or a test drive? Maybe you got a Friday afternoon car or it's a bad batch. Either way I'd show it all to the dealer and see what he offers?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
06-06-2012 04:54pm
THEMACS

(06-06-2012 04:43pm)leeselee Wrote:  Im truly sorry you are unhappy. I followed your posts as you got yours after I ordered mine. I thought you were happy

do you think its because you spent more on a prestige, so expected more than I would with a pure?

I currently own a Mercedes and I think I may have to forget certain quality aspects of the new car when I get it, eventually

you can't beat the "clunk" of a Mercedes but I love the look of the Evoque.

now please, dont shout at me Smile

Hi Leselee

As I have stated, we love the car, the Look, the road presence and in the main the interior.

I was merely pointing out that LR have used some pretty crude palstics in the cabin, in particular the Glove box, this is MY Opinion and one shared by others on this forum!

I don't regret the change we made to the Prestige for one minute!! We had specc'd up a Pure to around £34k before we actually saw one. When we did finally see a Pure Evoque in real life, we immediately changed to the Prestige as we didn't like the Pure Interior as for US it wasn't special enough for the money, again that was OUR Opinion before anyone bangs on about it!!!!

The Pure is a Fantastic Car it just wasn't for us, and to us with the Spec we wanted, we felt the extra money was more than worth it and are Very Happy... Well except for the Crap Glove Box!!!!!!Laughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
06-06-2012 05:02pm
Gorjan

I also think the lower part (including the glove box) are made of cheap plastic. Also the center console plastic feels too thin and flimsy.

It is not that just it feels thin, flimsy and brittle (like a cheap chinese toy) but also just touch the edges of most of the plastics - they are sharp. This doesn't convey a feeling that attention to detail was applied while making the car.

Also just press the plastic or the aluminium on the centre console where the TR controls are, and you will hear cracking noises - not very reassuring. Seems like that it will develop rattles or crack very soon.

Compare this to BMW X3 or better Mercedes GLK/C-class.... Yes they look boring, but that doesn't deminish the fact that they represent the premium class and with interior like this Range Rover is not. It can be compared to a very good looking Ford...

I have purchased the car like most, based on good looks and as it was rated very good by journalists.... There was no car for a test drive, and when being excited while looking at it in the showroom, I didn't bother to examine the interior too much. Having it home now to myself I was dissapointed.

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
06-06-2012 06:04pm
Kimv

Changing my mind

I'm sure people are willing to pay a good price for the Evoques of those-that-don't-like-it-anymore-because-of the-glove-compartment-lid (for crying out loud...) and then those-that-don't-like-it-anymore-because-of the-glove-compartment-lid can use this money to buy a BMW, surf to http://www.bimmerforums.com/ and everyone will be happy!

Ps. I heard that BMW fuel cap thingies are made of lower quality plastics recycled from supermarket shopping cart handlebars...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
06-06-2012 06:43pm