Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changing my mind
brough74

Changing my mind

Ive had my car for approx 19 days now but its been in the garage for 5 days due to a mark in the paint, im now thinking this maybe is not the car for me. I know with audi you got a 30 day cooling off period as long as you did under a 1000 miles, so does Range Rover do the same or simalar ?

Or am i just being silly and should give it more time
05-06-2012 08:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chunk

RE: Changing my mind

A mark in the paint shouldn't be enough for you to throw the toys out and hand your car back although granted it would p&£s me off no end. Where was the mark and I take it there was new paint needed!??

Ordered Feb 2012 - Orkney grey 5dr Dynamic SD4 Automatic. Lux pack, Dynamic plus Pack (velocity ebony leather) ebony headliner and gloss black finishers. Shadow chrome style 7s, heated steering wheel and a spare wheel just in case! Build date 6/7/12 delivery date 23/7/12. Built 3/7 pick up 14/7!!!!!
05-06-2012 08:27pm
brough74

It was on the carner of the front bumper, and new paint was needed. Not seen it finished yet as they are dropping the car back off tomorrow. But im not impressed with some of the trim etc feeling cheap or flimsy
05-06-2012 08:54pm
Griff449

Oh dear not good. Did you not check out the trim on a demo in the dealership before buying?

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
05-06-2012 09:37pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chunk

That's a shame mate kind of spoils the new car experience I bet!? Trim wise I can't say I noticed it being that bad I hope you can sort it out to your satisfaction though.

Ordered Feb 2012 - Orkney grey 5dr Dynamic SD4 Automatic. Lux pack, Dynamic plus Pack (velocity ebony leather) ebony headliner and gloss black finishers. Shadow chrome style 7s, heated steering wheel and a spare wheel just in case! Build date 6/7/12 delivery date 23/7/12. Built 3/7 pick up 14/7!!!!!
05-06-2012 09:44pm
THEMACS

Agree about the Crap trim quality of interior plastics, not as sturdy as my father in laws C3 picasso, and i'm not joking, the interior plastics are Truly Awful!!

Overall love the Car and the interior in general is just about passable, although i noted over the weekend that LR have taken to using marshmallows as filling for the seatsExclamation They don't feel like they will last too long, hope i am wrong!!!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
05-06-2012 09:50pm
Straydox

The overall trim quality is very good (with 10 years and numerous Audis as a benchmark) - even the glove box lid is acceptable maybe it's been improved in the new builds?

Is there anything else that's not right Brough74? Options you wish you had chosen or don't like the colour perhaps?

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
05-06-2012 10:24pm
PhilSkill

Sorry to hear of the paint issues, I had issues on my front bumper but it was sorted out satisfactorily and been perfect since. Trim is fine though, what bits do you mean? A lot of materials are used for weight saving and this can give the impression of cheap flimsyness, its a hard balance car manufacturers have to tread.

Competition is strong out there so LR can't sit on thier laurels.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
05-06-2012 10:29pm
masterbronze

I don't understand how you can change your mind in 19 days!! It can't be that bad ??

Pure 5dr SD4, Fuji, Pano roof, Tech Pack & Pure Pack, Privacy, Rear camera, Black Roof. Due 9th July
05-06-2012 10:34pm
THEMACS

(05-06-2012 10:29pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Sorry to hear of the paint issues, I had issues on my front bumper but it was sorted out satisfactorily and been perfect since. Trim is fine though, what bits do you mean? A lot of materials are used for weight saving and this can give the impression of cheap flimsyness, its a hard balance car manufacturers have to tread.

Competition is strong out there so LR can't sit on thier laurels.

I think they have used the weight saving card as an excuse for using poor quality plastics, and I really don't think they have used better quality for later builds! And ours is a pretty recent one, anyone who thinks that glovebox is acceptable doesn't know the meaning Of the word Quality, it is utter Crap, and I can't for one minute believe Audi would use such low quality plastics, I know BMW don't!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012 11:04pm by THEMACS.)
05-06-2012 11:04pm