Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Carpoint - Available Cars
spif888

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars

CRAZY!

On autotrader.co.uk there are 173 evoques advertised out of a total of 372 500 cars

On carsales.com.au there are 125 Evoques advertised out of a total of 193 500 cars.

As a percentage of total cars advertised, there are a lot more Evoques sitting in dealerships here compared to the UK.

Even more of a reason for Landrover Australia to treat those of us who placed early deposits better.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2012 10:09am by spif888.)
24-01-2012 10:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sethor

Land Rover Australia could have prevented all this unwanted stock if they reduced options & made more items standard. Then there would be more chances stock will match a customers order & then they can move stock between dealers. Pricing of the Evoque is well under a similiar spec Audi Q5 & BMW X3, if you compare the base model Diesels the Evoque is over 6k cheaper(X3 20d $62,200 vs. Q5 2.0TDI $62,200 vs. Evoque Pure TD4 (Auto) $55,875). If they made the Pure Tech Pack ($4500) & Clearview Pack ($1700) standard the Evoque will be better specced & still be cheaper at $62,075. My dealer commented that the cars he ordered in for floor stock were not specced up enough & people have been doing factory orders, but seems most dealers have overspecced cars. Anyone know what the monthly allocation is for Australia?

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2012 10:21am by sethor.)
24-01-2012 10:15am
Bomberboy

Heard my dealer mention they get 15 cars/ month.... how many dealers in Oz?
24-01-2012 10:17am
spif888

25 January 2012 - 128 Evoques on Carsales.com.au

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
25-01-2012 08:57am
chiggy

That's absolutely shocking.

I'm not one to say cause my car arrives very very soon.. but there's some on here that have waited longer than me and their car hasn't arrived yet.

and the fact is that the car will sell no doubt... but dealers have just ordered so many cars themselves that at some point they won't sell.. whoever really truly has wanted this car has already got one or ordered one by now... generally speaking.

Asking someone to pay $122k for a crossover SUV that isn't bigger than a Toyota RAV4 is bordering on ridiculous. If you've ordered it yourself, as a factory order, that's completely different. But the number of high spec orders that clearly haven't been sold are just nonsensical.

I remember about 2 months ago that number was about 60 cars. So Australia has had 68 more cars bought by LR in that time... which could've gone to 68 factory orders by customers instead.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
25-01-2012 09:06am
gead

Carpoint - Available Cars

When chatting to my dealer he basically said they were having trouble moving the 'crazy spec' cars ordered by LRA.....madness

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
25-01-2012 10:36am
occlusion

From my experience, there are plenty of Evoque in Australia! But because our list prices are quite high, and many LR dealers are not prepared to discount ( or negotiate ), if you do some 'homework" and go to different dealers and compare. Surely you will get better prices! And be patient, you will be rewarded .
Good hunting
25-01-2012 11:32am
Barneyridge

I know with the dealer I used, most of the cars did not have the pan roof. I think I would much prefer this than an electric tail gate. When I went to the dealer in August we had a look through the cars on order and none came close to my specs.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
25-01-2012 12:11pm
Biker

I'm also of the opinion that I'll wait for my custom specced RRE and pay a 'cheaper' price rather than buying an overspecced one in a colour I don't want, an interior I'd not prefer or a the pan roof I like that is missing in action.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
25-01-2012 09:37pm
deebabe2004

(25-01-2012 09:37pm)Biker Wrote:  I'm also of the opinion that I'll wait for my custom specced RRE and pay a 'cheaper' price rather than buying an overspecced one in a colour I don't want, an interior I'd not prefer or a the pan roof I like that is missing in action.

+1 Very Happy

Soon to be the proud owners of a Baby Rangie!

Pure - TD4 Manual - Fuji - 20" Silver Sparkle Style 6 - Ebony Leather & Ebony headliner - Tech Pack - Clearview Pack & Pano Roof - Rear Vents, Paint & Interior protection, Tint

26-01-2012 04:58pm