Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car Rejection Process started!
LDT

RE: Car Rejection Process started!

(17-02-2012 08:30pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  It's good that so many (like myself) are insisting the problems, however minor, are put right. Hitting JLR in the pocket is the only way they'll improve.

+1. With the RRE JLR have a different customer base to previously, who expect 100%. Why should we put up with inferior design features (e.g. trim)/sub standard customer service/below standard quality control? German marques will I am sure be fully aware that longstanding customers have opted for the RRE and will be moving as fast as they can to put forward alternatives. I appreciate that this may take some time but JLR, IMO, need to sort out easily rectifiable issues such as QC pronto. They have a great opportunity at present to showcase what they can do, and are letting themselves down in areas which with little effort could be as good as other quality marques.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
17-02-2012 10:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

(17-02-2012 10:39pm)LDT Wrote:  German marques will I am sure be fully aware that longstanding customers have opted for the RRE and will be moving as fast as they can to put forward alternatives. I appreciate that this may take some time but JLR, IMO, need to sort out easily rectifiable issues such as QC pronto.

Porsche Macan being a case in point, could soon become an object of desire for many frustrated owners/buyers on here.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-02-2012 10:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

But are these problems that are being reported a result of all the pressure on here to reduce the waiting time?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-02-2012 11:01pm
xxxx5

Totally agree, I am not saying BMW are always perfect, but the overall buying experience is far better, and overall in all 7 BMW I have had owned never would paint issues or an ill fitting door be found on a car before it was given to a customer. The other problem regarding QA issues like this shows some of the problems with British manufacturing, which by the way I have always supported.
(17-02-2012 11:01pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  But are these problems that are being reported a result of all the pressure on here to reduce the waiting time?

But I waited 325 days for me car! My dealer told me that they are aware of another car with the same problem regarding the door closing, and the factory sent 4 engineers to fix it, it could only maginally improved.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2012 11:05pm by xxxx5.)
17-02-2012 11:03pm
THEMACS

(17-02-2012 11:01pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  But are these problems that are being reported a result of all the pressure on here to reduce the waiting time?

Hardly, when you wait 9 months to get your car, hardly call that Pressure!!!!! Its Bloody Criminal that they let cars go out like that, I am now dreading getting the car for the fact they appear to have dispensed with the "QC" function to just get them through the door no matter what state.

Tim maybe as a Loyal LR man, you just accept this as you are used to it, I for one am used to German Marques and their level of build quality, something I have obviously assumed a Prestigious brand like Range Rover would have and hence why we ordered one, looks like I was wrong!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
17-02-2012 11:09pm
xxxx5

The Macs, don't be put off, it could be mine is one in the minority.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
17-02-2012 11:11pm
cutter7

(17-02-2012 11:03pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Totally agree, I am not saying BMW are always perfect, but the overall buying experience is far better, and overall in all 7 BMW I have had owned never would paint issues or an ill fitting door be found on a car before it was given to a customer. The other problem regarding QA issues like this shows some of the problems with British manufacturing, which by the way I have always supported.

But I waited 325 days for me car! My dealer told me that they are aware of another car with the same problem regarding the door closing, and the factory sent 4 engineers to fix it, it could only maginally improved.

My Drivers door from new always needed a firm shut to close, and after a few weeks it developed a grinding two clicks to close sound!

During inspection i noticed the black strut lever (which you see when you open the door and look down) mounting had worked loose, (so loose that you could move the strut with your fingers) from the door surround.

i just re-tightened (as it should of been) and have not had any issues since..

17-02-2012 11:21pm
ChuckieB

(17-02-2012 11:11pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  The Macs, don't be put off, it could be mine is one in the minority.

As the saying goes ... "!*it happens!"

I can understand your probable annoyance and disappointment. You just have get on with it and get it sorted. I commend you for trying to do that! Good luck.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
17-02-2012 11:27pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I can assure you that when there have been problems with any of my previous Land Rover products they have been taken straight back to a dealership to be fixed. I have had my share of niggles and QC issues with previous cars, but all have been sorted by the local dealer or LPR and the cars have been fantastic. Like you I will not accept poor quality or customer service but in 16 years of owning Land Rovers I have yet to have a car that was poorly built or unfit for purpose. Certainly my experience of Land Rover is streets ahead of the experiences I have had with both BMW and Audi whose products I will never again be buying due to their substandard construction (in one case meaning that I never actually took delivery of a BMW 5 series that I ordered).

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 10:05am by XFullFatTim.)
18-02-2012 10:00am