Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black Pack wheels changed ???
Redrob

RE: Black Pack wheels changed ???

(25-11-2014 04:49pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Nope, I see in the latest What Car what's coming section they predict a major facelift for Evoque in 2015, including the introduction of a soft top! So I expect whatever new tech that comes with the DS will work it's way onto the Evoque for 2016MY.
J77 I found the same when speccing up an RRS HSE Dynamic, by the time I had put on the few extras I wanted it would have been more expensive than an Autobiography that had most of the things I want as standard plus a few things I don't want but it costs less than speccing up an HSE to what I do want!

I think you are right Tim, re the soft top.
On our Factory/4x4 Solihull day they were playing film of the soft top in the waiting area, and when I questioned our guide about the film he just said 2015.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
25-11-2014 10:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

(25-11-2014 10:17pm)Simplesimon Wrote:  I was going to start a new thread. But continuing on from previous posts regarding software and wifi etc.
could somebody please explain what 'in Control' is and does! Embarrassed
And will I have it with my order. I'm just so confused with the damn configurator.do I have to order the secure remote and the apps to get it. Or one or the other!!?!

I already have a nervous twitch, and coming out in rashes since I ordered the damn thing 3 weeks ago.
How the hell am I going to cope with a 3 month wait!!?!Sad

Your car will come as standard with InControl remote which allows you to view fuel levels, mileage or if you have left doors or windows open. Also will have SOS which is located next to the interior light, when pressed will alert emergency services to your position in the event of accident and also has assistance which alerts Land Rover Assist in the event of a breakdown.

InControl apps is just what it says, it allows you to view a selection of apps on the cars infotainment system.

The above is just a rough explanation I haven't used the system so Im sure someone will correct any errors or add bits I've missed.

The Disco Sport has the new system which will eventually be standard through the range, called InControl Touch, there is an iPad app which demonstrates it pretty well. You can also download the InControl remote app and play around in demo mode until your car arrives.

have a little browse on here Thumbs Up
http://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/inc...index.html

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2014 12:54pm by J77.)
26-11-2014 12:52pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It looks like LR might also be resurrecting the 2nd USB port as from reading what is on the link it mentions connecting your phone to "InControl Apps USB". I wonder is LR has developed a means of making the 8" Touch screen an external monitor for a smartphone and utilising the touchscreen to mirror the phone's screen capabilities and they need the extra USB with additional software to do it?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-11-2014 01:02pm
J77

Land Rover have signed up to Apples car play thing, which is supposed to be coming sometime next year.

26-11-2014 05:34pm
genericd

I assume incontrol can't be installed in 2012 vehicles?
27-11-2014 12:33pm
J77

Afraid not.

27-11-2014 02:14pm
genericd

Damn
27-11-2014 02:15pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Even the 2014MY version cannot be updated to the latest set-up............. the change happened about a month after Mark_A and I took delivery of our cars which were among the first cars to have any form of InControl fitted!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-11-2014 03:03pm
genericd

(27-11-2014 03:03pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Even the 2014MY version cannot be updated to the latest set-up............. the change happened about a month after Mark_A and I took delivery of our cars which were among the first cars to have any form of InControl fitted!

Man, that sucks
27-11-2014 10:12pm
IvorRedOne

Aaah the joys of the online configurator. I remember asking my dealer to change/upgrade my wheels who told me it could be done and then when he changed them he (The Owner of Franchise) deleted the Tech pack without telling me. The fun I had with those dickheads at TP Topping.
Don't be messing with your order. You may regret it. Dealerships haven't a clue and don't give a Toss about you.
27-09-2015 12:42am