Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black Pack wheels changed ???
Devonian

RE: Black Pack wheels changed ???

(24-11-2014 05:32pm)Simplesimon Wrote:  Well I called into the dealership on my way home from work today. To ask a few questions!
They had no idea at all that the wheels on black pack had been changed!Rolling Eyes
Also enquired about the new HUD display. And was told that it is an option from December!!
I asked if I decided to have it. Could I add it before my lockdown date. He said the order couldn't be changed now even though their orders aren't submitted to the factory until next week!

Doesn't seem quite right. Considering they gave me a delivery date of February/ March next year!!Confused

The HUD is available to order now as I've ordered it. December is when the factory start fitting it on new builds.

It is chunky money but better value than a TV that I only used at the car wash or in traffic jams. Each to their own though.

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
24-11-2014 08:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Simplesimon

I have decided to leave car as I originally specc'd it!
Way over my budget as it is. Was going to add adaptive lights with HUD. But really think these are things I can do without and very expensive gimmicks!!

What do you think Tony?Wink
25-11-2014 01:52pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I wouldn't spec the HUD+ the special windscreen it needs. Like a lot of the options on Evoque you won't get the money back when it comes time to sell the car. I also wouldn't spec any form of internet accessiblity, I think it is incredibly dangerous and distracting and while I expect to get flack from people I think mobile phones systems in car have proved just how people are distracted from the serious job of driving a car. Surely everybody wants some peace from their office and can do without SMS and email let alone websurfing when they are travelling - if you do then take the train!

If I were speccing a Dynamic today and had a smaller budget than when I bought mine I would add:
Power tailgate
Adaptive Headlights
Heated Steering wheel
Factory Privacy Glass
Black pack
Contrast Roof
Pano Roof
Aeroflip Spoiler
Auto dip RVM
Roadsign recognition

Things I have but could live without:
TV
Dual View Screen
Park assist
Blindspot Monitoring
Approaching traffic warning
Plus Pack seats ( even though I find them exceptionally comfortable I could live without them!)
InControl S+R

Things I really would like to be able to spec:
Heated Dipping/ dimming wing mirrors mated to the Autodipping RVM
Adaptive Cruise Control
A faster Satnav system
Some brighter colours for the exterior paintwork - most are soooo dull, boring and depressing

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2014 04:02pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-11-2014 03:56pm
J77

I went a bit OTT with the options on my Disco Sport, adding things like internet, which I don't need. In the end I went for HSE which has more than I will use, but someone else might have one and I won't Laughing

If you want a CD in the DS you need to spec the high end sound system worth a few grand, I think I will stick to bluetooth streaming or USB.

The DS comes with an Adjustable Speed Limiter (ASL), does the Evoque have this yet?

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
25-11-2014 04:45pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Nope, I see in the latest What Car what's coming section they predict a major facelift for Evoque in 2015, including the introduction of a soft top! So I expect whatever new tech that comes with the DS will work it's way onto the Evoque for 2016MY.
J77 I found the same when speccing up an RRS HSE Dynamic, by the time I had put on the few extras I wanted it would have been more expensive than an Autobiography that had most of the things I want as standard plus a few things I don't want but it costs less than speccing up an HSE to what I do want!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2014 04:52pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-11-2014 04:49pm
Simplesimon

Tim & J77.

Call me ignorant. But you mention Internet in the car. I haven't seen any options apart from in control app thingy!!
25-11-2014 06:01pm
J77

In the Disco Sport you can spec Incontrol WiFi, £300 from memory Thumbs Up

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
25-11-2014 08:39pm
Tony

(25-11-2014 01:52pm)Simplesimon Wrote:  I have decided to leave car as I originally specc'd it!
Way over my budget as it is. Was going to add adaptive lights with HUD. But really think these are things I can do without and very expensive gimmicks!!

What do you think Tony?Wink

I spent this morning driving the new Audi TT and a quick look this afternoon at an F type, going back to drive it in a couple of weeks - well you did ask!.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2014 09:24pm by Tony.)
25-11-2014 09:20pm
Devonian

(25-11-2014 04:49pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Nope, I see in the latest What Car what's coming section they predict a major facelift for Evoque in 2015, including the introduction of a soft top! So I expect whatever new tech that comes with the DS will work it's way onto the Evoque for 2016MY.
J77 I found the same when speccing up an RRS HSE Dynamic, by the time I had put on the few extras I wanted it would have been more expensive than an Autobiography that had most of the things I want as standard plus a few things I don't want but it costs less than speccing up an HSE to what I do want!

It will be interesting to see what they change with the facelift. I think it will be mainly reducing the amount of cheapish looking plastic on some parts of the exterior plus an upgrade to the user interface and software in the car. I haven't used the incontrol apps but I don't like the sound of it. All I want is for the touch screen to mirror my phone so that I can use the Tom Tom app or Google maps. I think the tech in the car is pretty decent it just needs a quicker and more slick interface.

Any predictions or wish lists for the update?

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
25-11-2014 09:47pm
Simplesimon

I was going to start a new thread. But continuing on from previous posts regarding software and wifi etc.
could somebody please explain what 'in Control' is and does! Embarrassed
And will I have it with my order. I'm just so confused with the damn configurator.do I have to order the secure remote and the apps to get it. Or one or the other!!?!

I already have a nervous twitch, and coming out in rashes since I ordered the damn thing 3 weeks ago.
How the hell am I going to cope with a 3 month wait!!?!Sad
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2014 10:19pm by Simplesimon.)
25-11-2014 10:17pm