Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black Lettering
SebM

Black Lettering

Now there is a package for Black Lettering on Evoque... include letters for front and rear, plus tools... very nice !!

I found that on Pimp My Range :
http://www.pimpmyrange.co.uk/products/ra...-1271.html

But do you know if there is another way to order that ?
Because it's a little bit expensive to pay £51 for post transport to Switzerland when the kit costs £71... ConfusedSad

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
(This post was last modified: 16-11-2011 11:23am by SebM.)
16-11-2011 11:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jos

RE: Black Lettering

X2

ORDER16-09/2011>DEL; 27-01/2012

eD4-PURE fuji /black int./coup
pano-roof/techPACK > done !;painted wheels
3cm lowering/2cm spacers ; ROOFwrap
already > 52.000 km drive ; average;1lit/14km
ré-painted bumperparts and mirrors

4 y.TT mk1
2 y.MINIc-S
4 y.TT mk2
1 yr mini CM;
so i fit exactly in de evoque-profile...
2015 > TTmk3......?
18-11-2011 05:06pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ajmooseman

Found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gloss-Black-Bo...27c06cb7f3

Disclaimer: FAO of Mark_n and others it may concern
While all efforts will be made to delivery statements in English. I can only apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes made while posting my thoughts and opinions. If any post featuring such mistakes should offend, then tough SH*T!
28-11-2011 05:29pm
IKM

But it'd always feel like you had been to a DIY shop for lettering .... And you could make a real xxxxxxx mess of it!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
28-11-2011 09:29pm
JiiPee

(28-11-2011 09:29pm)IKM Wrote:  But it'd always feel like you had been to a DIY shop for lettering .... And you could make a real xxxxxxx mess of it!

Indeed one could!

I recently saw a Defender where the LAND ROVER in the front had been rearranged to read: LAND OWNER. (I really did! I realise that it might be THE oldest LR joke there is but as i am relatively new to the mark forgive me...)

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
29-11-2011 01:58pm
cjfp

there are a number of handy tutorials on youtube from powerfuluk.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/powerfuluklt...5#p/search [click link to left and then search Evoque on their channel]

makes me think that even I could some of the changes!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 02:03pm by cjfp.)
29-11-2011 02:02pm
SebM

Finally ordered at Powerful UK... now I am waiting for the delivery...

29-02-2012 10:10am
BFGEvoqueMan

Did mine this weekend. The front letters have been removed from the bonnet and not replaced, so that was simple. To do the rears I placed a piece of masking tape top and bottom of the existing letter and marked where the existing letter met the tape. You must use one piece under each letter as it won't work using one long piece since the letter subtley curve around the tailgate. I then prized each one off (using a very thin small blade flat screwdriver) since they are not stuck on particularly well (no way could you get away doing this on a Merc for example). I then just wiped clean the area and applied the new letter.

The ones I bought from power UK seem to have alot more stick than the LR ones. If you hold the letter at about 45 deg from the body work you can place it in the right place before gently offering it up to the bodywork. Took me about one minute a letter and job done! On a white car having gloss black letters looks so much better (IMHO). Now that my grille and side vents are black that is the mods complete. Pictures to follow (need to clean the car first!).

I promise you this is a really simple job and just needs a little bit of care to make a real difference to the look of your car.Very HappyVery Happy

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 11:05am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
29-02-2012 11:04am
SebM

Excellent, thanks !!

I am very interested to see pics without letters on the bonnet...

29-02-2012 08:41pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Handy tip for sticking on the letters.................... and to make moving slightly out of alignment letters easy: acquire a hairdryer, warm the bonnet/bootlid area where you are going to stick the first few letters and then keep it warmed until you are happy they are positioned properly. The sticky backing softens with the heat from the metal and the hairdryer. This is also the easy way to remove the old ones without leaving the adhesive on the metal, pre-heat the letters before removing.

BTW cheap carriage to outside the UK - IIRC DHL do a fixed price box courier service to many destinations. last time I used it I was charged £23 to send two x 1kg exhaust tips from darkest Scotland to a tiny village in the NE of Italy and although I paid for 3 day delivery they arrived next day, the receiver and I were also both able to track the package and it was amazing how many white vans it travelled across Europe in after it had left the DHL distribution centre in Italy! I did have to deliver the tips to the local DHL depot where they packed them into one of their own special boxes.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 08:54pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-02-2012 08:49pm