Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Battery charging kit
doug

RE: Battery charging kit

What you all need is one of these cordless extension leads to charge the battery via a battery charger.
I've still got some left over from when I was a apprentice Wink

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
10-12-2012 10:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JimWooly

(06-12-2012 09:21pm)cjfp Wrote:  Does Pic 1 show the unit residing up by the wiper ?

I know this is an old thread but as I am thinking of installing a loom for a CTEK charger I am searching for information regarding where to connect up to with respect to the battery condition unit. Anyway the connector of the official loom is not located near the wipers but is on the inner left hand wing adjacent to the air intake trunking. So in order to connect the charger the bonnet must be opened unless someone knows better Smile

[Image: 298252.png]
26-06-2014 10:50pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I recently bought this kit from Dan@Duckworths but didn't have time to get it fitted before I left the car. The LR kit looks exactly the same as the CTEK except it is LR branded............. In the kit that I have there is an additional "socket" that can be installed near the front grille so no need to leave the bonnet open (which in itself would flatten the battery as it would continuously register in the security system and set off the alarm every 30 secs until the battery was flat!) . The car is going to be run for the first time since early June so will be intereste to see if the battery has survived 3 weeks in the summer without needing a call out to LRA to jump start the car like used to happen with my previous Evoque!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-06-2014 05:20am
JimWooly

(27-06-2014 05:20am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I recently bought this kit from Dan@Duckworths but didn't have time to get it fitted before I left the car. The LR kit looks exactly the same as the CTEK except it is LR branded............. In the kit that I have there is an additional "socket" that can be installed near the front grille so no need to leave the bonnet open (which in itself would flatten the battery as it would continuously register in the security system and set off the alarm every 30 secs until the battery was flat!) . The car is going to be run for the first time since early June so will be intereste to see if the battery has survived 3 weeks in the summer without needing a call out to LRA to jump start the car like used to happen with my previous Evoque!

I would love to know just where and how the additional socket is fitted. I have looked at the possibility of locating a socket behind or attached to the grill but remain undecided as where is the best place.

27-06-2014 05:01pm
benzina

Just started to look into this....Does anyone know which CTEC model is the equivalent to LD version? Also, where would the CTEC's plug adaptor be located so that the bonnet remains closed while connected.
I feel Tim raised a valid point of how the LD version has a plug that can be positioned behind the grill so the bonnet can remain closed in order to have the car locked and armed.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
26-11-2015 06:12am
JimWooly

(26-11-2015 06:12am)benzina Wrote:  Just started to look into this....Does anyone know which CTEC model is the equivalent to LD version? Also, where would the CTEC's plug adaptor be located so that the bonnet remains closed while connected.
I feel Tim raised a valid point of how the LD version has a plug that can be positioned behind the grill so the bonnet can remain closed in order to have the car locked and armed.

I bought the MXS 5.0 charger together with a 'CTEK Comfort Connect' which is an extention lead with ring tags on one end to connect to the battery and an inline socket on the other end, I routed and clipped this from the battery to a location under the bonnet where I could plug in the charger and it works really well.

26-11-2015 09:59am
Donny Dog

(26-11-2015 09:59am)JimWooly Wrote:  I bought the MXS 5.0 charger together with a 'CTEK Comfort Connect' which is an extention lead with ring tags on one end to connect to the battery and an inline socket on the other end, I routed and clipped this from the battery to a location under the bonnet where I could plug in the charger and it works really well.

I did the same years ago (on previous cars as well) and have no problem closing the bonnet.
26-11-2015 10:27am
benzina

Thanks guys...and did this allow your bonnet to be fully closed?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
26-11-2015 12:13pm
JimWooly

(26-11-2015 12:13pm)benzina Wrote:  Thanks guys...and did this allow your bonnet to be fully closed?

No problem whatsoever as the inline connector is very compact.

26-11-2015 12:41pm
mickeyf

The manual says the battery must be removed from the car for charging. Anybody knows why?
I have managed to discharge the battery already (after one week's ownership!) apparently the various security bits + the stereo put a heavy load on the battery. Have ordered a plugin voltmeter but thinking about installing a permanent voltmeter someplace as battery draining seems to be a big issue!
27-11-2015 01:06pm