Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auto Express
Vader

RE: Auto Express

Well, you pays your money and you takes your choice. I have never been a fan of Porsche, don't know why, perhaps memories of 80s city blokes with pony tails who have "made it" were always buying them. For me a car has to look good as well as bee good. In my mind no Porsche looks good, obviously we are all different and perhaps I shouldn't say Porsche doesn't looks good because I think my Stag is a good looking car where others will (no doubt) disagree!

BUT, I've never driven a Porsche, so I can't comment on how they drive, they may be brilliant perhaps I'll find out one day.

This is all just my opinion

Evoque Pure with extras on order, delivery June 14th?
1976 Triumph Stag
1999 Triumph Daytona 955i
15-06-2014 10:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1stRangie

(08-06-2014 09:04pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  That, and the picture of the car in the test was a prestige I think, whereas they said they were testing a dynamic.
I don't understand why they test a lux pack model with all the kit and say it costs £45k the say they are driving a macan at £43k. Why not drive a basic pure at £33k and then they are more comparable. The macan may be a better drive but from speccing one up, I'm finding it seriously more expensive. When it touches 60k, then sorry, I'd rather have a new RRS HSE

If only they had been driving a Macan at £43k, the car they tested came in at £64,705, and they called the Evoque price 'hard to justify'? Hardly a level playing field, it should have been tested against a RRS HSE Dynamic on that price.

MY2016 Dynamic HSE four door, Yulong White and a few selected additions. Gone but never forgotten; Dynamic SD4 Coupe, Fuji White...
15-06-2014 06:06pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It's always like that, the mags say that that was the car the the maker supplied...........
It's rare that a motoring magazine in the UK ever supports the home grown product even whenit is miles better than the German equivalent they still knock it for trival things - usually the killer comment is "Land Rover's passed record on reliability is poor" yet often in the article they praise how much things have improved - Left and Right editorial hands don't speak to each other. What Car? magazine 2 years ago berated their Evoque as rubbish and unreliable yet in the 18 months they had it the only thing that failed was a plastic clip that held up the parcel shelf and it was overpriced ................ their BMW was in and out of the dealership yet it had perfect reliablity and they had to spend a fortune on options to get a decent spec.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2014 05:59am by XFullFatTim.)
16-06-2014 05:58am