Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Australian Prices
bcowell

RE: Australian Prices

(08-12-2011 04:10am)BMW86 Wrote:  Let me know how you go re price mate. I'm in a similar situation. I want to put a deposit down asap but shopping around for a good deal. Which state are you based in?

No worries I will let you know. I am in Sydney but by the sounds of things you will probably get in before me as I am probably still 1 month away from ordering so let me know too.

Also he mentioned that there is a shortage of the panoramic roof so it could delay the build by a couple of months but I think it is worth the wait.
08-12-2011 04:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BMW86

(08-12-2011 04:18am)bcowell Wrote:  No worries I will let you know. I am in Sydney but by the sounds of things you will probably get in before me as I am probably still 1 month away from ordering so let me know too.

Also he mentioned that there is a shortage of the panoramic roof so it could delay the build by a couple of months but I think it is worth the wait.

I'll do the same mate. I'm in no hurry to order but due to the backlog and huge demand I want to get my deposit in because it's going to be a painful wait. I would much rather wait for the exact build/spec as well.

2009 BMW 135i Coupe - with a few mods Wink
2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition ABS
2014 Mercedes CLA 45 AMG - on the way
08-12-2011 04:22am
chiggy

Australian Prices

Not sure if you're going to be able to get all those options for $75k. I have a td4 with the same options except the style 6 alloys. Mine comes up to $71k approximately. Difference between a td4 and sd4 is close to $4k plus another $3k for the style 6. That's an extra $7k.

Good luck with trying to get it for $72k.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
08-12-2011 08:03am
bcowell

(08-12-2011 08:03am)chiggy Wrote:  Not sure if you're going to be able to get all those options for $75k. I have a td4 with the same options except the style 6 alloys. Mine comes up to $71k approximately. Difference between a td4 and sd4 is close to $4k plus another $3k for the style 6. That's an extra $7k.

Good luck with trying to get it for $72k.

My calculations were off a little bit just did the sums and looks like 78k. Hopefully get them down to 75k. Sounds like you paid full RRP prices should of bargained a little harder and you may have got a couple of thousand off or an upgrade to SD4 for next to nothing.

oh and the cost for the 20" wheels is 2k not 3k if you get the tech pack.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 10:07am by bcowell.)
08-12-2011 10:05am
chiggy

Australian Prices

Yes forgot about the wheels. It's a bit hard to bargain down the prices when the car is in such demand.

Having said that I got close to 2.5k off. I have got contrast roof etc. but like ur budget is $75k, I couldn't afford anything about $71k. And that's where I'm at now.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
08-12-2011 12:20pm
DefLeppard

(08-12-2011 12:20pm)chiggy Wrote:  Yes forgot about the wheels. It's a bit hard to bargain down the prices when the car is in such demand.

Having said that I got close to 2.5k off. I have got contrast roof etc. but like ur budget is $75k, I couldn't afford anything about $71k. And that's where I'm at now.

I did some shopping around and could only find one dealer willing to go below rrp.

I also found the forced combinations quite frustrating - e.g. if you want the reverse camera, you have to get the front parking aid.
If you want the keyless entry you have to order the electric folding/puddle lamp mirrors.

The spec in my sig came in around $73k on road.

Ive also noticed that Victoria seems to have the highest on road prices... as I though Id found a bargain a Tassie dealer was advertising, but when I enquired what the Vic on road price was....realised that was the difference.

If any of you are using your car for work, Land Rover have a corporate scheme that offers reduced dealer delivery fee and free servicing for 3 years. Only big companies qualify apparently but worth asking.
Luckily my company qualified. Smile

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2011 08:18am by DefLeppard.)
18-12-2011 08:07am
chiggy

Australian Prices

Yeah my company qualified. So also get free scheduled servicing for 5 years or whatever.

I got $2.5k off but that's cause I ordered mine much before the car was launched. My guess is cause LR were trying to get as many orders in as possible.

18-12-2011 09:30am
sethor

(18-12-2011 08:07am)DefLeppard Wrote:  Ive also noticed that Victoria seems to have the highest on road prices... as I though Id found a bargain a Tassie dealer was advertising, but when I enquired what the Vic on road price was....realised that was the difference.

WA has highest on road costs in the country, our stamp duty is 6.5%.

Mercedes has a good driveaway price calculator http://www.driveaway.mercedes-benz.com.au/
Example of drive away prices for a Mercedes C 250 CDI

NT - $73,078.70
QLD - $73,176.37 (+$97.67)
ACT - $73,352.10 (+$176.10)
SA - $73,779.00 (+$426.90)
TAS - $73,787.30 (+$8.30)
NSW - $74,064.74 (+$277.44)
VIC - $74,633.20 (+$568.46)
WA - $75,386.96 (+$753.76)

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
09-01-2012 11:37am
Kata

Hi all I have just joined this forum and thought I'd vent a little! I am just curious about these dealer prices and why they seem to be really arrogant about negotiating on a price. My situation is we love this car and can buy it right now but are refusing to due to 2 reasons. 1. we are in no rush at the moment and 2. the few dealers you can go to are way over the top with attitude in Melbourne. I was looking at the dynamic sd4 with 20s and the dyn pack. The guys are refusing to budge from rrp and are also telling me that I can only get 2K off corporate and free servicing. I dont suggest they drop 10k but seriously I would rather wait until the demand drops and go back to renegotiate. Is anyone else finding this is the case with their dealers? I seriously think you should be able to drop at least 5%-10% on a car ie 90k down to 85k. Last car I bought I dropped almost 10% on it and it was almost 53k down to sub 47k and it was in high demand too. I will eventually cave in but thought Id ask to see what everyone's experience is with rr dealerships and negotiating prices.
cheers
10-02-2012 07:37am
spif888

(10-02-2012 07:37am)Kata Wrote:  Hi all I have just joined this forum and thought I'd vent a little! I am just curious about these dealer prices and why they seem to be really arrogant about negotiating on a price. My situation is we love this car and can buy it right now but are refusing to due to 2 reasons. 1. we are in no rush at the moment and 2. the few dealers you can go to are way over the top with attitude in Melbourne. I was looking at the dynamic sd4 with 20s and the dyn pack. The guys are refusing to budge from rrp and are also telling me that I can only get 2K off corporate and free servicing. I dont suggest they drop 10k but seriously I would rather wait until the demand drops and go back to renegotiate. Is anyone else finding this is the case with their dealers? I seriously think you should be able to drop at least 5%-10% on a car ie 90k down to 85k. Last car I bought I dropped almost 10% on it and it was almost 53k down to sub 47k and it was in high demand too. I will eventually cave in but thought Id ask to see what everyone's experience is with rr dealerships and negotiating prices.
cheers

All I can say is - negotiate hard. There are over 200 Evoques for sale on Carsales and many of these cars have been sitting around for awhile. I was able to get a reduction but it was tough going

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
10-02-2012 08:58am