Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Australian Prices
Bomberboy

RE: Australian Prices

Hi all, can people please confirm whether all options are subject to LCT and stamP duty? What about the delivery charge, is that subject to LCT & stamp duty?
I've heard that some options are stamp duty exempt?
25-11-2011 12:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bomberboy

(25-11-2011 12:34pm)Bomberboy Wrote:  Hi all, can people please confirm whether all options are subject to LCT and stamP duty? What about the delivery charge, is that subject to LCT & stamp duty?
I've heard that some options are stamp duty exempt?

The reason I ask is because I went to a dealer for a quote, and in their print out, they had on sheet of paper;
1. Pure Si4 4 door base car cost
2. Techpak
3. Clear view
4. Front park aid
5. Reverse camera
6. Mag upgrade
7. Pano roof
8. Heated seats
9. Dealer delivery
10. Total price inc GST
11. LCT
12.. Stamp duty
13. Registration

However, next to number 1, the dealer wrote something like $54k as base car cost instead of the 61k odd. I can't for the life of me work out why the print out says it as the difference is not reflecting any missing GST. I have also carefully calculated LCT based on the options, Vic stamp duty..., and even with all items worked out, it seems that the dealer made a mistake with the base price as it adds up to be about 7k odd less than my calculations.....hence my original post of asking whether some extras are exempt from tax/duty to make up the short fall.

Could the dealer have made a mistake? Does anyone else have a quote or contract with a base price far less than the listed price? Am I missing something?
30-11-2011 02:05pm
chiggy

Pretty sure all evoques are exempt from LCT!

not sure about pricing for an Si4 though!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
30-11-2011 02:55pm
Barneyridge

The LCT is applicable to the evoque, just at different levels. The LCT comes in at around $55k (don't quote me on exact figures) for the Si4 and $75k for the TD4/SD4. The reason for the difference is the diesels are considered green cars due to the lower fuel consumption hence the higher threshold.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
30-11-2011 07:53pm
Capital

The $54k figure is right. It is the same as I had on my quote for a Si4 and is the base price excluding GST

Under that they add all the extras and the dealer delivery and take off any discounts

Once they have a sub total they add the GST (10% of sub total)

Next comes the LCT if it applies

LCT is determined on the price of the car (retail less any discount + options + dealer charges + GST) that is over the threshold ($57k petrol or $75k diesel) .

The complexity arises as GST is used in determining if the price meets this threshold but excluded when calculating the amount of LCT that has to be paid. (you don't pay a tax on a tax) So you pay the 33% LCT on the amount over the threshold less the GST that would apply.

This all makes it very difficult to check the dealers maths but in your case the base price looks right and I would expect the difference you get is because you include too much for the LCT.

Stamp duty and rego are applied after the LCT and GST calculations for the same tax on tax reason.

As far as i am aware LCT and stamp duty apply to all options ordered with the car. The only ones that don't count are dealer fitted accessories that are organised and fitted after you take delivery of the car.
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 08:50pm by Capital.)
30-11-2011 08:36pm
Bomberboy

But if I calculate 10% extra to the dealer quoted base price it only adds up to 59.4k which is a couple of thousand less than the widely advertised price for Si4 auto pure 4 door.

On the topic of LCT;
Td4 is exempt until 75k, but Sd4 and Si4 start at 57k. This is because being a diesel alone doesnt provide exemption for the Sd4, all diesels need to have consumption figures of less than 7.0L/100km.... The Sd4 being performance orientated at 7.6L is over this threshold and is therefore not exempt.
01-12-2011 07:46am
Capital

(01-12-2011 07:46am)Bomberboy Wrote:  But if I calculate 10% extra to the dealer quoted base price it only adds up to 59.4k which is a couple of thousand less than the widely advertised price for Si4 auto pure 4 door.

On the topic of LCT;
Td4 is exempt until 75k, but Sd4 and Si4 start at 57k. This is because being a diesel alone doesnt provide exemption for the Sd4, all diesels need to have consumption figures of less than 7.0L/100km.... The Sd4 being performance orientated at 7.6L is over this threshold and is therefore not exempt.

It would not be a mistake as I have the same figure so I can't explain the difference you highlight. I wouldnt be worried as the diference is in our favour but if you want to pay the higher price just ask your dealer, I am sure he will accommodate youShocked

Both diesels enjoy the LCT higher threshold because it is based on the combined-cycle and they are both under 7 on this measure

This accounts for the price difference between the Si4 and the SD4. In NZ these two are the same price.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 11:43am by Capital.)
01-12-2011 08:22am
Bomberboy

Yes you're right capital about the both SD4 and Si4 being under LCT, I had my SD4 combined fuel usage wrong, which should be 6.5 instead of 7.6.
01-12-2011 01:44pm
Capital

We pay way too much tax here in Oz on cars.

If you add up all the taxes and charges (GST LCT stamp duty registration and dealer charges) it comes to something like 20% of the total price.
02-12-2011 02:54am
chiggy

Agreed we do pay too much tax.

Blame it on the government! And then they wonder why sales/retail/house sales/car sales suffer... get rid of the taxes and Australia will be such a happier place... and much more affordable... people can't live here anymore cause its just not affordable for so many! interest rate cuts of 0.25%... WOW!

Our interest rates are between 6.5-9% on average... the UK is sitting at something like 3-4%!!!

instead we have now will get even more taxes so that the PM can get a $90k pay increase.... win for Australia....

but we pay these prices cause we don't have any other choice....

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
02-12-2011 03:35am