Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Australian Deliveries
gead

RE: Australian Deliveries

Spiff, that is what I call a proper handover...

Mine was parked in a garage between various cars in different states of repair....I am thankful I got a full tank of diesel! Lance Dixon....FAIL

Benzina, I will be doing it myself....steady hands and a sharp drill bit should do the trick.

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
01-02-2012 01:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

Now been two weeks today since my car was discharged....

still no delivery to the dealer Sad

no word from the dealer either!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2012 05:04am by chiggy.)
01-02-2012 05:04am
harvvss

Australian Deliveries

Thanks spifff. Hopefully they do the same for me. I'm not over excited about the service so far.
01-02-2012 05:05am
chiggy

(31-01-2012 01:59pm)spif888 Wrote:  Latest Evoque owner.

Yes, fellow forum members, I collected my car this afternoon from Austral. Apparently it was a busy day (last day of the month), 25 cars were received by proud new owners - it is a multi vehicle dealership with Land Rover, Jaguar and Volvo.

The hand over was a bit rushed but that was partly due to my excitement. Also, coming from a Freelander 2 , some parts of the car felt very familiar. I am going to miss some of the extra features that I had on the Freelander that I couldn't afford on the Evoque like auto lights, auto wipers, headlight washers, rubber mats, 6 cd changer and the window tint. Having said all that, the panoramic roof makes up for whats lacking and gives even more. Pressing that button to slide back the electric blind is one amazing party trick that will forever entertain me.

A couple of picture I took at the dealership

Just realised your car doesn't have the clearview pack? How are the halogens? from far they don't look too different to the xenons!

Hows the car so far? Any creaks or rattles or anything?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
01-02-2012 05:12am
MPK

Congrats on your new babies barney and Spiff! They look great!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
02-02-2012 01:50am
Barneyridge

Cheers MPK, any update on yours.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
02-02-2012 01:55am
MPK

(02-02-2012 01:55am)Barneyridge Wrote:  Cheers MPK, any update on yours.

I got a call from LR head office to inform me that they think its a faulty MAP sensor. They've replaced it and now they're apparently doing "extensive" testing...... Hope they get to the bottom of the issue.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
02-02-2012 03:11am
Bomberboy

(01-02-2012 01:51am)gead Wrote:  Spiff, that is what I call a proper handover...

Mine was parked in a garage between various cars in different states of repair....I am thankful I got a full tank of diesel! Lance Dixon....FAIL

Benzina, I will be doing it myself....steady hands and a sharp drill bit should do the trick.

Gulp, I've got the same dealer as you Gead. Please make a strong formal complaint : ), and help make my handover better!!!
btw... I'm pleasantly surprised you got a full tank of petrol

Dynamic Si4, Fuji, Contrast panoramic roof, 20"Sparkle mags, Lotsa inside goodies
Build, sometime Feb
Delivered April 2012
02-02-2012 05:59am
gead

Bomber, I would be keen to hear your experience.....in a moment of reflection, I thought about the 6k saving I made on the deal and wonder if this was the reason I had such a rudimentary handover.....i had a call from the salesman today to see how everything was going, and he reiterated that he was very grateful for my business...such an up and down experience....good luck!

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
02-02-2012 11:14am
chiggy

It's confirmed.

Just dropped my VW Golf GTI in to the dealer to swap the personalised plates (trading-in).

Said my goodbyes to one of the best cars in the world... to take on possibly THE best car in the world at the moment (provided no rattles).

Scheduled to pick it up on Monday afternoon (timing to be confirmed) but most likely 3:30 PM.

All finance etc is sorted out, just need a quick tour of the car (things I may not know currently - hard to imagine what that could be) and also go for a short drive with the dealer to make sure everything is in working condition and there's no issues and then its all mine.

2 more sleeps... ohhh i need to fast forward time!

Went with buzz insurance - cheapest and agreed value plus let me choose the repairer provided they are approved/have licenses etc. $1388 with 4 drivers registered - not bad considering I'm under 25.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2012 04:53am by chiggy.)
04-02-2012 04:52am