Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Australian Deliveries
Millotte

RE: Australian Deliveries

Mad
(06-02-2012 06:11am)chiggy Wrote:  Just picked it up. Will update soon and post pictures. Loving every minute of it!

Congrats and enjoy Chiggy, we can all wait.... Not!

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
06-02-2012 06:33am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sethor

Congrats Chiggy, how was the handover at Barbagallo?

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
06-02-2012 06:43am
chiggy

Handover was fairly decent quite quick cause I sorted out finance, insurance, trade-in details well before the car was delivered so was just signing some papers and that was it really.

Got offered coffee and water.. for those interested.

Considering he feels like I know as much about the car as he does - wasn't really that much to go through just the fuel system safety thing, setting up the phone and audio - in car set-up with the auto wipers, headlights etc - all pretty standard 2 minute stuff really.

had a good look through the car to see if everything was working fine, paint etc was all fine and no issues with wheels or detailing.

Got two keys (as expected) with Barbagallo key rings. Got two bottles of wine as well!

No voucher or any Land Rover branded "gifts" as per say.

Overall I wasn't really fussed. Buying a Mercedes was much more of a special handover experience, however to be honest I was just as keen to get him to just let me take it out and drive so that probably affected the handover experience a bit more.

To be fair he has dealt with a ridiculous number of calls from me/emails from me so I'm sure he was just as keen to let me take it!

Overall experience was good I think!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
06-02-2012 07:00am
DefLeppard

Congrats Chiggy.

Cant wait to see your photos. (would be interested to see some of you lovely people actually in these photos too!)

Im now stuck in the "waiting for my vin to show up" on topix and the shipping website so I can start tracking it.

At least its built at last - born on Friday, a blue babyrr called Fergus! Smile

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 06:13am by DefLeppard.)
07-02-2012 06:13am
MPK

Congrats Chiggy.

You must one of the first here to get Firenze Red. Looking forwards to the pics!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
07-02-2012 06:34am
Aussievoque

Congratulations Chiggy!! I also would love to see pics of a red one, black, white, grey gets a bit boring, sorry guys Embarrassed, Enjoy......btw what's the fuel safety thingy you refer to??

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 06:48am by Aussievoque.)
07-02-2012 06:48am
sethor

(07-02-2012 06:48am)Aussievoque Wrote:  btw what's the fuel safety thingy you refer to??

There is a special flap which cuts off flow into the tank when a petrol nozzle is inserted into the filler on Diesel models, its not an issue the other way round as Diesel nozzles are larger & won't fit in petrol fillers. This flap will stay closed until reset with the special tool supplied with the car.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 06:59am by sethor.)
07-02-2012 06:58am
DefLeppard

(07-02-2012 06:58am)sethor Wrote:  There is a special flap which cuts off flow into the tank when a petrol nozzle is inserted into the filler on Diesel models, its not an issue the other way round as Diesel nozzles are larger & won't fit in petrol fillers. This flap will stay closed until reset with the special tool supplied with the car.

Ahhh i wondered that as well.

Has anyone tried the hi flow diesel pumps? I know a couple of Ford Territory owners that say they can fill up at hi flow no worries.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
07-02-2012 07:02am
chiggy

Australian Deliveries

Hey guys... Here are some pictures... Taken from my iPhone - will put up some high res ones up on the weekend.

I really love the red it looks spectacular in the sunlight and with the contrast roof and almond interior... Think it is stunning...

[Image: img1861hk.th.jpg]
[Image: img1862tp.th.jpg]
[Image: img1853bm.th.jpg]
[Image: img1864b.th.jpg]
[Image: img1859k.th.jpg]
[Image: img1871sn.th.jpg]
[Image: img1863cu.th.jpg]
[Image: img1869l.th.jpg]

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 12:47pm by chiggy.)
07-02-2012 12:27pm
cjfp

(07-02-2012 12:27pm)chiggy Wrote:  Hey guys... Here are some pictures... Taken from my iPhone - will put up some high res ones up on the weekend.

I really love the red it looks spectacular in the sunlight and with the contrast roof and almond interior... Think it is stunning...

You've parked inbetween 2 cars when there are loads of empty spaces! Are you looking for trouble? Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
07-02-2012 12:29pm