Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adding amps and processor to the stock sound system
Richieleo

Has anyone considered modding the sound system? I was at the car audio shop to add more sound proofing to the doors and was mentioning how bad the sound staging was in the Evoque (325W version). He suggested upgrading the amps and adding a processor to make use of time delay to rectify the problem. Will still use the car's HU so it would screw up the electronics.

Any comments?

Dynamic // Si4 // 5 door // Mauritius Blue // Black Roof // Vortex Interior // 20" Style 6 Wheels // Front & Rear Parking Aid// Auto Dim r.view mirror//voice control//hdd nav//load retention system.
14-09-2012 02:20am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
maccacch

RE: Adding amps and processor to the stock sound system

dude, comments made from someone trying to sell you something will hardly be accurate. i have the 825w system but had sampled the 325w version during test driving and was under the impression that it was pretty good. without the surround, the 325w version sounded "airy" to me which is not necessarily a bad thing. i'm not sure how u'd go about adding amps as according to the meridian website, the speakers are all digital.
14-09-2012 02:31pm
cs33wa

(14-09-2012 02:20am)Richieleo Wrote:  Has anyone considered modding the sound system? I was at the car audio shop to add more sound proofing to the doors and was mentioning how bad the sound staging was in the Evoque (325W version). He suggested upgrading the amps and adding a processor to make use of time delay to rectify the problem. Will still use the car's HU so it would screw up the electronics.

Any comments?

A local car audio shop commend poor sound staging of a product from a reputable audiophile company?!
I wonder what equipment they use to test the sound staging?? By naked ear??
Anyway, good luck.

Ordered:31/7/12
My13 Si4 Dynamic 5 Door Fuji White, new tech pack, new convinient pack, pano, adaptive dynamic, style7 wheel
Built 16th Nov 2012
Delivered: 17th Jan 2013
Wait is over...love my baby!!!
14-09-2012 06:19pm
The Valeter

Kind of contradics the other thread re how good the Meridian is. For me the Jury is out on it TBH but I would not modify it & would have thought it could invalidate the warranty.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
14-09-2012 10:41pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

From the recent review posted on another thread, I got the impression that the key feature of the 825 system was the surround sound, yes I know it has more power and speakers.

So apart from beefing up the output how could you create the surround sound capabilities?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
15-09-2012 10:19am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I would suggest that you steer well clear of that audio outlet, sounds like they are trying to make money out of you to replace something that is recognised as just about the best factory fitted in car audio system there is

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 12:44pm by XFullFatTim.)
15-09-2012 12:43pm
Richieleo

Thanks everyone for the advice. I really like the sound system except for one thing...sound staging on the 380w system really could be better. That's what I am trying to correct. No matter what you do, without the Meriden surround system, it just doesn't cut it.

Dynamic // Si4 // 5 door // Mauritius Blue // Black Roof // Vortex Interior // 20" Style 6 Wheels // Front & Rear Parking Aid// Auto Dim r.view mirror//voice control//hdd nav//load retention system.
15-09-2012 01:13pm