babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Adding amps and processor to the stock sound system - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Adding amps and processor to the stock sound system (/Thread-Adding-amps-and-processor-to-the-stock-sound-system)

Adding amps and processor to the stock sound system - Richieleo - 14-09-2012 02:20am

Has anyone considered modding the sound system? I was at the car audio shop to add more sound proofing to the doors and was mentioning how bad the sound staging was in the Evoque (325W version). He suggested upgrading the amps and adding a processor to make use of time delay to rectify the problem. Will still use the car's HU so it would screw up the electronics.

Any comments?

RE: Adding amps and processor to the stock sound system - maccacch - 14-09-2012 02:31pm

dude, comments made from someone trying to sell you something will hardly be accurate. i have the 825w system but had sampled the 325w version during test driving and was under the impression that it was pretty good. without the surround, the 325w version sounded "airy" to me which is not necessarily a bad thing. i'm not sure how u'd go about adding amps as according to the meridian website, the speakers are all digital.

RE: Adding amps and processor to the stock sound system - cs33wa - 14-09-2012 06:19pm

(14-09-2012 02:20am)Richieleo Wrote:  Has anyone considered modding the sound system? I was at the car audio shop to add more sound proofing to the doors and was mentioning how bad the sound staging was in the Evoque (325W version). He suggested upgrading the amps and adding a processor to make use of time delay to rectify the problem. Will still use the car's HU so it would screw up the electronics.

Any comments?

A local car audio shop commend poor sound staging of a product from a reputable audiophile company?!
I wonder what equipment they use to test the sound staging?? By naked ear??
Anyway, good luck.

RE: Adding amps and processor to the stock sound system - The Valeter - 14-09-2012 10:41pm

Kind of contradics the other thread re how good the Meridian is. For me the Jury is out on it TBH but I would not modify it & would have thought it could invalidate the warranty.

RE: Adding amps and processor to the stock sound system - Evo-king - 15-09-2012 10:19am

From the recent review posted on another thread, I got the impression that the key feature of the 825 system was the surround sound, yes I know it has more power and speakers.

So apart from beefing up the output how could you create the surround sound capabilities?

RE: Adding amps and processor to the stock sound system - XFullFatTim - 15-09-2012 12:43pm

I would suggest that you steer well clear of that audio outlet, sounds like they are trying to make money out of you to replace something that is recognised as just about the best factory fitted in car audio system there is

Adding amps and processor to the stock sound system - Richieleo - 15-09-2012 01:13pm

Thanks everyone for the advice. I really like the sound system except for one thing...sound staging on the 380w system really could be better. That's what I am trying to correct. No matter what you do, without the Meriden surround system, it just doesn't cut it.