Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Audi A6 temptation
jrinns

RE: Audi A6 temptation

The a6 is as dull as dishwater, i sold the evoque as it was too small.

Looked at a new a6 avant bitdi, deal was good , car was fast, drove very bad and didnt feel upmarket being all black on the sline.

The steering is vague to say the least, got the wife an a5 whilst still an audi seems to steer abit better, is this due to steering rack v electric im not sure but not for me.

I would have gone for a bmw 5 series felt a league above the audi.

Evoque felt better than the a6 which i had for a day, it was enough. But like most say they are chalk and cheese.

Dont buy a car just because your getting a deal, audi have been heavily discounting for ages. For the bitdi it was 53 reduced to 43 with discount, tells a story
20-03-2013 08:20am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stiggy

(20-03-2013 08:20am)jrinns Wrote:  The a6 is as dull as dishwater, i sold the evoque as it was too small.

Looked at a new a6 avant bitdi, deal was good , car was fast, drove very bad and didnt feel upmarket being all black on the sline.

The steering is vague to say the least, got the wife an a5 whilst still an audi seems to steer abit better, is this due to steering rack v electric im not sure but not for me.

I would have gone for a bmw 5 series felt a league above the audi.

Evoque felt better than the a6 which i had for a day, it was enough. But like most say they are chalk and cheese.

Dont buy a car just because your getting a deal, audi have been heavily discounting for ages. For the bitdi it was 53 reduced to 43 with discount, tells a story

+1
I have been a long time fan of German premium brands having had BMWs from a 320d through a 645CSi and Audi A3 through S5 (V8 version).
IMO BMW no longer what they were now the whole range is pretty plain (excluding 6 series) if not downright ugly (X models) and the dealer service is bordering on arrogant at best.
Audi great engineering BUT DULL DULL DULL take the S5, great engine worst ride and handling of any performance saloon available. Q3, Q5 plain boring and IMO ugly.
The Evoque with adaptive damping handles AND rides better than anything with a German badge on it bar maybe a top spec A8 and I speak from experience. It just needs a better engine maybe a 3.0 V6 diesel and it would be the complete package. Build quality I am sure will only improve.

5 door Dynamic SD4, Orkney Grey, 20" shadow alloys, contast and pano roof, tints and 40 plus grand lighter!
20-03-2013 03:11pm
Steveb68

We pick up our evoque next week so can't compare, I have been driving an a5 coup for the last 5 years as a company car and have to say I have had 5 years of care free driving. Back then the a5 was one of the best looking cars on the road ....looking to change it this year but haven't decided if it will be another Audi.....maybe I will opt for another evoque as a company car.....or the XF jaguar. The evoque for me had the exact same wow factor the a5 did when I first saw it........ It's all relative and there's no accounting for taste

Ordered for end March 2013
Dynamic SD4 automatic, Orkney grey, contrast Santorini Pano roof, style 7 shadow chrome, Privacy Glass, Tech Pac 2, Park assist,CHANGED TO VORTEX interior,Black Roof Rails,Adaptive Dynamics, and yes I know its a lot of money but aeroflip, Ebony H Lining, cold climate pack,adaptive Xenon headlights and Spare wheel
20-03-2013 03:37pm
stiggy

(20-03-2013 03:37pm)Steveb68 Wrote:  We pick up our evoque next week so can't compare, I have been driving an a5 coup for the last 5 years as a company car and have to say I have had 5 years of care free driving. Back then the a5 was one of the best looking cars on the road ....looking to change it this year but haven't decided if it will be another Audi.....maybe I will opt for another evoque as a company car.....or the XF jaguar. The evoque for me had the exact same wow factor the a5 did when I first saw it........ It's all relative and there's no accounting for taste

Yep I agree with that A5 was/is one of the best looking cars if not a little ubiquitous now. However having owned my Evoque for 6 months now it still puts a smile on my face and passes my acid test in that I still turn to look at it sometimes after I have parked up! The XF is also a fab looking/driving car I struggled to choose between it and the Evoque but in the end the all weather ability of the Evoque swung it for me.

5 door Dynamic SD4, Orkney Grey, 20" shadow alloys, contast and pano roof, tints and 40 plus grand lighter!
20-03-2013 03:59pm
SINGHY

Having owned several audiis in the past I happen to think they're still great cars, whilst the Evoque has the wow factor for the moment I doubt it'll be as reliable or trouble free as my audiis. They may not look as stylish as the Evoque but in the past a Quattro coupe knocked spots off a range rover from the same era, so bear that in mind, some of these rose tinted glasses that some Evoque owners see through can mislead.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
20-03-2013 07:17pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(20-03-2013 07:17pm)SINGHY Wrote:  in the past a Quattro coupe knocked spots off a range rover from the same era, so bear that in mind, some of these rose tinted glasses that some Evoque owners see through can mislead.

Singhy "Knocked the spots off a Range Rover" I think that might need qualifying ........................... I suggest you try taking your Audi's off the beaten track and see how far you get. I'm not a rose tinted glasses wearer but off road was not an Audi forte at any time, the Audi might get as far offroad into the do-do as an Evoque, but not a Range Rover

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2013 07:48pm by XFullFatTim.)
20-03-2013 07:45pm
SINGHY

Hi Tim
I meant in an aesthetic way not capability. Trust you to trip me up. Hope all is well with life on the seas and oceans.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
20-03-2013 07:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Thanks Singhy, I got home last Sunday and will be home for the next couple of months

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-03-2013 08:00pm
speary

The Evoque is stunning to look at and own, my previous A5 was and still is one of the best looking cars out there, but the most looks and comments I got was when I got my A4 Cabriolet in 2003. So many people would come up to me in car parks and kids would give thumbs up, wave etc on the road. It got quite embarassing at times. And that is still good looking even against todays competition
This is all a matter of personal taste of course Very Happy

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
21-03-2013 09:31am