Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are there any sport seat accessories/protection?
Alex

Are there any sport seat accessories/protection?

Hello, we are expecting twins and only a few months to their arrival (funny enough they came quicker than our Evoque order!). We got our Dynamic almost a year ago, and twins was not on our list of things to expect.

Anyway we have the sport seats and I did a test install with both ISO fix base units plus rear facing baby seats and I noticed there is hardly any room due to the design of the sport seats (they curve into the rear space). We got the maxi cosi family fix + cabrio set, but assume any brand would have a similar problem.

As the seats do not have standard head restraints, but instead an all in one design are their any accessories that can be attached to them? I was curious about some form of protection, or perhaps in future if the car is still practical iPad attachments or storage attachments etc. I'm guessing due to tight squeeze the rear of the seats will get scuffed when taking the baby seats in and out of the car.

I was thinking if something could be customised as they two openings in the head area, and was wondering if something could be pinned into the openings that could allow a sleeve of some sort to protect the back?

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
26-10-2012 07:24am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Are there any sport seat accessories/protection?

Unfortunately none of the normal accessories fit on the Plus pack seats, you cannot even get seat covers for them............ Pretty poor show really. I have two of the covers used to protect the front seats during shipment but that was all that the dealer could find. I see the new Jaguar F type has our style of seats, so once that is launched we might get something

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-10-2012 04:25pm
Alex

RE: Are there any sport seat accessories/protection?

Wasn't expecting kids so soon but sort of regret the plus pack seats now due to the restrictions with various accessories. However at the time they were the only option for the Dynamic with the upgraded leather interior (dash etc), but I noticed LR now do the upgrade leather option in standard seats, slightly frustrating but never mind.

I will have to try customising a seat protector and see if I can get it to fit to the back of the seats.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
26-10-2012 07:16pm