Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone using order delays to make changes?
Alex

Anyone using order delays to make changes?

My order has been pushed back to Dec 28th from Nov 24th, just over a month but was told there are chances it could come forward.

However due to the delay I made a few changes to my order which was granted, so pleased I could use the delay as an opportunity in my favour. (I didn't choose the LUX pack initially but almost everything that came with the LUX pack except for park assist and dual screen, but made a change mainly so my car can be badged as a LUX for resale and residual value).

However as I now have this window of change, I'm now wondering if I should cancel my Dynamic Plus seat option.

I have recently revisited the dealership showrooms and saw the plus seats and I'm now in two minds if it's worth the £3k extra. However the leather upgrade over the default dynamic interior is better, but the seats do look a little clunky and confined, plus didn't feel like I was sitting in something worth £3K over the default dynamic seats.

I may have to pay another visit to the dealers to have a look, but I'm the Dynamic buyer who wanted a different interior such as the Prestige but Plus Seat Option was closest I could get.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
05-10-2011 10:25am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rootsboy

RE: Anyone using order delays to make changes?

(05-10-2011 10:25am)Alex Wrote:  My order has been pushed back to Dec 28th from Nov 24th, just over a month but was told there are chances it could come forward.

However due to the delay I made a few changes to my order which was granted, so pleased I could use the delay as an opportunity in my favour. (I didn't choose the LUX pack initially but almost everything that came with the LUX pack except for park assist and dual screen, but made a change mainly so my car can be badged as a LUX for resale and residual value).

However as I now have this window of change, I'm now wondering if I should cancel my Dynamic Plus seat option.

I have recently revisited the dealership showrooms and saw the plus seats and I'm now in two minds if it's worth the £3k extra. However the leather upgrade over the default dynamic interior is better, but the seats do look a little clunky and confined, plus didn't feel like I was sitting in something worth £3K over the default dynamic seats.

I may have to pay another visit to the dealers to have a look, but I'm the Dynamic buyer who wanted a different interior such as the Prestige but Plus Seat Option was closest I could get.

yes i had made a few small option changes up till now. i added panoramic roof (which i think helped make my wait even longer) surround cameras and i got rid of the language bars in the boot, oh and changed the header to Ebony.
i was almost going to see if they could change from a Prestige to a Dynamic, but after seeing them both the interior and side view of the Prestige Won.
in fact i had only seen the Evoque in the dealers a few weeks ago, and only yesterday was there 6 cars there as to have a good look. so until this time i have been relying on information on this forum to help make those decisions.
to be honest though, i am now more then enough happy with what i have chosen, and especially once i have seen the outside/inside color options in the bright Mediterranean sun.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 10:54am by Rootsboy.)
05-10-2011 10:49am
DynamicRRV

There is no way those Plus seats are worth £3k,they are very uncomfortable too!
05-10-2011 12:47pm
Blackseries

(05-10-2011 12:47pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  There is no way those Plus seats are worth £3k,they are very uncomfortable too!

Also .....not sure if this is important to you but they also rob the back seat legroom by about 4” .... I’m not sure why .... maybe the back of the seat convex vs std seat concave ......but its something to consider if you are going to use the back seats.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 02:17pm by Blackseries.)
05-10-2011 02:04pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It is debatable whether the Lux pack is worth £3000 however I have to disagree over the comfort of the front seats - for me they are much more comfortable than any seat I have have had in either RRS or FFRR. I'm 13 stone and 40" waist and find that unlike any other Recaro seat they are not in the least like sitting on planks but are not soft and sink into either, it takes a bit of tweaking to get the under knee section just right but the width of the swab is just right and doesn't squash your thighs like most sports seats. The lumbar adjuster takes a bit of tweaking too, have completed 3 x 400 mile trips with only very short stops en route and I wouldn't swap them for any other seat in the Range Rover range except the pre 2008 Vogue SE chair which was supremely comfortable but LR changed it with the minor facelift to the car.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-10-2011 02:53pm
Alex

Tim - any issues with passengers in the back and the supposed 4" less of room?

Assume leg room in back is also the same between 5-door and coupe?

However appreciate the feedback and perhaps I may now keep the seats on my order.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
05-10-2011 02:57pm
DynamicRRV

Tim,Im not slating anyones choice but I have driven both with and without the Plus seats and I found the plus seats very uncomfortable but thats my opinion,everyone is different.

I totally agree with your comments on the FFRR seats pre 2008......the earlier ones with the shoulder adjustments were fantastic!
Tim,Im not slating anyones choice but I have driven both with and without the Plus seats and I found the plus seats very uncomfortable but thats my opinion,everyone is different.

I totally agree with your comments on the FFRR seats pre 2008......the earlier ones with the shoulder adjustments were fantastic!
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 03:02pm by DynamicRRV.)
05-10-2011 03:02pm