Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Anyone seen Havana yet?
ami_evo

Anyone seen Havana yet?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has seen the colour Havana? It was supposed to be available starting November, the month's almost over. Pictures would be great if anyone has some. I was curious if it is a really dark brown or if it's closer to Porsche's Macadamia, which is medium brown.
21-11-2011 03:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: Anyone seen Havana yet?

Hi ameer.
Its available to order from November which means you won't see one until next year! Wink

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
21-11-2011 04:04pm
ami_evo

(21-11-2011 04:04pm)griff Wrote:  Hi ameer.
Its available to order from November which means you won't see one until next year! Wink

Yeah... I guess I didn't look at it from that angle. I was thinking it could have been ordered but the car wouldn't have been built until november. Though the same thing can be said of Mauritius Blue, and we've seen a few of those. If my memory serves me right Mauritius also had late availability.
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 04:10pm by ami_evo.)
21-11-2011 04:08pm
Evo-king

(21-11-2011 03:55pm)ameer Wrote:  Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has seen the colour Havana? It was supposed to be available starting November, the month's almost over. Pictures would be great if anyone has some. I was curious if it is a really dark brown or if it's closer to Porsche's Macadamia, which is medium brown.

Hi ameer.

We had to make a decision between Havana and Barolo Black, without seeing a car.

We ended up taking the colour samples outside in direct sunlight against the side of an Orkney Grey Evoque.

Ended up choosing Barolo Black which has reddy/bronze flakes so it looks more like the burgundy side of black.

Havana has purple/lilac tinge to it, it is somewhere between Orkney grey and black but has that purple look, if you remember Audi did a metallic silver paint with a purple effect, Havana is much darker.

Still very difficult to visualise without seeing any though.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
21-11-2011 06:45pm
chiggy

The barolo is the one with the purple effect.

the havana is the one with the bronze/brown effect.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
22-11-2011 05:54am
Evo-king

(22-11-2011 05:54am)chiggy Wrote:  The barolo is the one with the purple effect.

the havana is the one with the bronze/brown effect.

Are you sure? Because the samples we used were the other way round, has there been a sample mix up?

Any of you others seen them?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
22-11-2011 10:55am
Atlantis

(22-11-2011 10:55am)Evo-king Wrote:  Are you sure? Because the samples we used were the other way round, has there been a sample mix up?

Any of you others seen them?

I saw a sample of Havana at the Evoque live event and it looked to have a bronze/brown tint. I can't remember about Barolo unfortunately.

Pure 5dr SD4 Manual. Fuji white, ebony leather, ebony headliner. 20" style 6 wheels, Panoramic roof, Front Fogs, Powerfold mirrors, Auto Lights, Rain Sensor and spare wheel! Due March 2012
22-11-2011 12:07pm
Evo-king

(22-11-2011 12:07pm)Atlantis Wrote:  I saw a sample of Havana at the Evoque live event and it looked to have a bronze/brown tint. I can't remember about Barolo unfortunately.

Think a quick visit to the dealer is necessary, I'm not liking the sound of this, daft thing was there were three of us looking at these colours.

22-11-2011 12:25pm
chiggy

The Barolo is definitely the purple tinge black.

I was going to order the Havana until i figured it just looks black to me most of the time and already have a black car in the house. I remember specifically looking for the havana cause I had heard it was beautiful and when the dealer showed it to me - it was 110% the brown.

Barolo is definitely the purple black - know this cause I didnt want it.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
22-11-2011 01:16pm
berlin2011

mmmm... actually, the Havana when I looked at (Dealer advised me to take the sample and walk outside in the sun) either displayed a gold/brown/bronzy effect or a blueish purply grey effect depending on the angle viewed from (a little like those TVR's where the paint changed colour depending on the angle all those years ago).

The Barolo was as said before, blackish or burgundy (seen it referred to as cherry as well) depending on the angle - don't recall seeing all that much purple.

But then these things are "in the eye of the beholder"

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
22-11-2011 01:39pm