Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Anyone seen Havana yet?
Evo-king

RE: Anyone seen Havana yet?

Right, at the moment I'm a happy bunny, having checked with my dealer.

Havana is not Black it is a Premium metallic grey.

Barolo is Black, and is also Premium Metallic, unfortunately the are very few vehicle examples around, it is only available on the Evoque and was on a Special Edition Range Rover, my dealer will let me know if one comes in.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
22-11-2011 06:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

IMO the Barolo was not 'special' enough or different enough to warrant paying the extra.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
22-11-2011 06:39pm
Evo-king

(22-11-2011 06:39pm)cjfp Wrote:  IMO the Barolo was not 'special' enough or different enough to warrant paying the extra.

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it, my wife was involved in the decision process, 6 of our last 8 cars have been black.

Hence, my reservation by asking the dealer to show us a car in that colour as soon as one comes in.

It were just for me, it would be Firenze Red but I'm not that selfish.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
22-11-2011 06:49pm
cjfp

Evo-king - sorry, should clarify my point. Don't mind the blacks at all, just don't think that Barolo is a special enough black over the other blacks to pay more for.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
22-11-2011 06:58pm
Evo-king

(22-11-2011 06:58pm)cjfp Wrote:  Evo-king - sorry, should clarify my point. Don't mind the blacks at all, just don't think that Barolo is a special enough black over the other blacks to pay more for.

I can't disagree with that another £500 notes or so could easily be put to good use elsewhere.

But I am having to keep my good lady happy.

22-11-2011 07:30pm
berlin2011

Completely by chance I saw a RRS in what i could've sworn was Barolo parked outside my office building last week - not knowing then that it was actually a limited edition Autobiography colour on the RRS, I shrugged and told myself my eyes were playing a trick on me.

So if the car I saw was indeed Barolo then I have to admit you have one nice colour there Evo-king, though I have to warn you that you may wish the sun shone a little more in the UK since it really works best with lots of light reflecting from it (i.e. the car i saw looked quite yummy in direct sunlight but the bits in the shade just looked black)

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
22-11-2011 08:16pm
Evo-king

(22-11-2011 08:16pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  Completely by chance I saw a RRS in what i could've sworn was Barolo parked outside my office building last week - not knowing then that it was actually a limited edition Autobiography colour on the RRS, I shrugged and told myself my eyes were playing a trick on me.

So if the car I saw was indeed Barolo then I have to admit you have one nice colour there Evo-king, though I have to warn you that you may wish the sun shone a little more in the UK since it really works best with lots of light reflecting from it (i.e. the car i saw looked quite yummy in direct sunlight but the bits in the shade just looked black)

That's the one, I couldn't remember which RR it was on, but it was the Autobiography.

I could say the same about my solar panels on my house roof, haha.

(This post was last modified: 22-11-2011 08:49pm by Evo-king.)
22-11-2011 08:49pm
QUATTROMAN

(22-11-2011 07:30pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I can't disagree with that another £500 notes or so could easily be put to good use elsewhere.

But I am having to keep my good lady happy.

See this post for outside pictures of Borolo:-
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Devon-Cou...OUNTY+SHOW

I viewed this very same Evoque the next day in the Showroom at Exeter, and it looked a very different colour under the showroom lights, but viewed outside (on a sunny day) it looked almost the same as any other Black until very close to it, and only then could you see the 'Burgandy flakes' for want of a better shade (even though IMHO Borolo tates better !!) glisten in with the mix of the black.

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
22-11-2011 11:17pm
Evo-king

(22-11-2011 11:17pm)QUATTROMAN Wrote:  See this post for outside pictures of Borolo:-
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Devon-Cou...OUNTY+SHOW

I viewed this very same Evoque the next day in the Showroom at Exeter, and it looked a very different colour under the showroom lights, but viewed outside (on a sunny day) it looked almost the same as any other Black until very close to it, and only then could you see the 'Burgandy flakes' for want of a better shade (even though IMHO Borolo tates better !!) glisten in with the mix of the black.

QUATTROMAN and MIB, thanks for thatThumbs Up

At the end of the day it's Black with the added bonus of a summer colour change.

23-11-2011 09:03am
DannyEvoque

[attach     ment=1225]         Wink Hi! As a new member of the Evoque community , I'll give you some pics of the Havana coulour.... from Brussels car expo. Have a nice day!

Havana TD4 Manual 5door Dynamic Vortex Interior(Ebony) Panoramic roof Privacy glass Parking aid 19"Style 4
17-01-2012 06:17pm