Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone moved up to a RRS?
jasons

Anyone moved up to a RRS?

Evening all,

I've been thinking about moving on from my Evoque onto a RRS- has anyone else done it?

The Evoque's 'okay', it's comfortable, quiet, but I'm a little bit meh about it.

I've had it since Jan, and apart from some dealership issues at the start of ownership I haven't had any problems.

The boots a bit small and I guess that my only issue (apart from being called a girls car- but I've had a TT so am used to that).

I've been surprised at the trade in value, looking like I would have lost just under 2k from the price I paid in Jan.

J
29-09-2015 07:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Anyone moved up to a RRS?

I came to Evoque from 2x RRS's (a TDv6 SE then a TDv8 HSE) then a 3.6 TDv8 FFRR Vogue and now I'm back in a 2015 SDv6 HSE Dynamic Sport and loving it. The SDv6 is all you need - HSE is all you need unless you want twisty road trick handling and the trick suspension tuning of the Dynamic Pack. It is a VERY expensive car though............ mine was built in March, was a dealership order for one of their directors and I was looking at it 2 days before it was built so I couldn't change the factory options which are 22" wheels (don't worry the ride was designed to take them and is brilliant), privacy glass, and fixed panoramic roof. I added front and rear mudflats and the stainless steel front and rear underbody protection plates. I've had it off-road on 22" road tyres and it was unstoppable with the full on TR. I know of 3 others from the forum who have also made the change - 2 others to SDv6 HSE's - 1 Dynamic and one to a non- Dynamic - and the third one is Mark N who went from an Si4 Evoque to an SVR RRS............ but he also has a Ferrari, several racy Porsches and an AMG Merc to use when he tires of the RRS.

Colour is Corris Grey with a Lunar and Ebony interior

[Image: IMG_0058_zpsi13rrnlv.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0055_zpsncdyugyj.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0063_zpsuk1pmels.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0054_zpsemnnazwu.jpg]

If you want to know more about the L494 RRS (current versions) then there is a special forum for them at http://www.RRSport2.com and a section for them on http://www.RRSport.co.uk - that one is the most used forum for both RRS1 and RRS2, RRsport2.com is dying (it is also owned and run by Martin Lewis who runs this forum and most of the other Land Rover forums......

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2015 08:39am by XFullFatTim.)
29-09-2015 10:09pm
jasons

Lovely looking Sport!

Thanks for your input.

I'm just trying to work out if I can justify the cost now!

J
30-09-2015 08:11am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

2016MY is in the showrooms now, I know that quite a few 2013/14 MY cars with fairly low miles have been part-exchanged by owners over on RRSport for the latest cars so there should be some good offers on used RRS on the forecourts.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-09-2015 08:36am
Tony

(29-09-2015 07:14pm)jasons Wrote:  Evening all,

I've been thinking about moving on from my Evoque onto a RRS- has anyone else done it?

The Evoque's 'okay', it's comfortable, quiet, but I'm a little bit meh about it.

I've had it since Jan, and apart from some dealership issues at the start of ownership I haven't had any problems.

The boots a bit small and I guess that my only issue (apart from being called a girls car- but I've had a TT so am used to that).

I've been surprised at the trade in value, looking like I would have lost just under 2k from the price I paid in Jan.

J

Hi Jason,

We are moving to a RRS pick it up tomorrow but it was nearly cancelled this lunch time because of cock-ups 70% dealer 30% JLR. Found the Evoque noisey, poor ride, unreliable and very badly built.

If you are only loosing £2k since January snatch their hand off, ours has dropped £6k since we originally tried to px it in April.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
30-09-2015 03:29pm
mark_n

Since Tim mentions me, I thought I'd chip in.

I had an early Evoque and was very happy with it for the price I paid (meaning the price then being charged, not any deal I was able to do which was none). I look at the farewell pictures I took and it was a great looking car when I sold it at 3 years and 30k miles. So a good ownership experience.

The RRS is proving to be the same, absolutely great and nothing has gone wrong though my mileage is still quite low as I have other cars to drive in the summer. Winter's coming and I've no doubt at all the RRS will be excellent, just as the Evoque was.

If you're minded to move on the RRS and can do so with little pain, I would say do it. The RRS delivers all the good things an Evoque does but amplified. The feel-good factor driving it is like nothing else I have and as Tim mentioned, that's compared with some other nice cars.

I would say go easy on the spec, some things are worth having more than others and, from a depreciation point of view, it's always better to have a better headline model than spec'ing up a lower model with lots of options.

Good luck, let us know what you decide.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2015 06:04am by mark_n.)
12-10-2015 06:04am
jasons

I picked up my RRS last Friday in Firenze Red.

In the end the price I got for my Evoque meant I only lost £500- which I am amazed at.

Loving the RRS, it's huge, but pretty nimble!
12-10-2015 05:35pm
jim4244

My wife has an Evoque, but spends most of her time in my RRS2.

I guess that she has traded up without any problem..........Wink

MY14 Dynamic, Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof, 9 speed, pano roof & privacy glass.
15-10-2015 12:24pm