Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone have the TSB number for the TCM software update?
WB
WB

Anyone have the TSB number for the TCM software update?

My car is going in for its first service on Friday and even though it hasn't suffered from the common issue with the throttle response I would like to have the newer version of the software in case it improves economy.

I know a number of folks have had the TCM flash applied but I can't find the TSB number either searching on here or on Topix.

If anyone has it I'd appreciate the TSB number.

Thanks!
13-11-2012 10:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Anyone have the TSB number for the TCM software update?

Won't worry if your car is going into LPR, they know about it as they applied it to mine on the 7th September. It hasn't made one iota of difference to the fuel economy but has all but done away with the jerky gear changes

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2012 11:45pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-11-2012 11:44pm
WB
WB

(13-11-2012 11:44pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Won't worry if your car is going into LPR, they know about it as they applied it to mine on the 7th September. It hasn't made one iota of difference to the fuel economy but has all but done away with the jerky gear changes

Thanks Tim, it is going into LPR. Who do you deal with in the service dept there out of interest?
14-11-2012 10:32am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I was dealt with by Nicki in service reception from initial booking right through to leaving the site. Technical help was given by David Kingsnorth.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-11-2012 11:02am
davebarnes

The hesitation/lag/slow throttle response was really bad on my new Evoque. I talked to my local Land Rover dealer Service Manager about the TCM update and he didn't know anything about it. I took it in, they plugged the vehicle in and there was an update available. They applied the update and it made a world of difference. I was told that there was no TSB or description of what the update did or fixed. There's still a very slight delay but it's 95% better than it was. I'm happy with our new baby RR again.
16-11-2012 07:03am
WB
WB

(13-11-2012 11:44pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Won't worry if your car is going into LPR, they know about it as they applied it to mine on the 7th September. It hasn't made one iota of difference to the fuel economy but has all but done away with the jerky gear changes

I dropped the car off at LPR this morning. When I asked if updates will be done I was told that they were not done as part of the service and only done to rectify an identified problem! So even within the same service department of the same dealer we get different stories.

I was also told that there is no TSB for the common throttle lag issue only for the rough idle - although they did say that may help with the throttle lag issue.

So I'll have to wait and see what they actually do...
16-11-2012 03:02pm
abcya

Mine was serviced a couple of weeks ago. They picked it up and dropped it back. They used my oil as suggested here (but it needs 5.9litres apparently so I bought 0.9l from them). Car dropped back clean etc.

I got in the car next day: "Service Required" Sad

So it seems they just forgot to reset it, but the reason for mentioning it on this thread is that when I took it back in for the reset, I queried whether I could trust that any updates had been carried it. I got the same response as WB - that they only update if LR tell them to or if there's a fault. They claimed that just applying software updates can cause problems rather than rectify ones that perhaps weren't there in the first place. I know IT people who follow that logic!

I mentioned that there seemed to be a bit of throttle lag since the service. 1/2 hour later: we've got an update for this so we'll apply it.

Anyway, it does genuinely feel smoother now.

Moral of the story: say the car's hopeless and everything needs fixing if you really want all the updates???

Firenze red Dynamic 5-door with Verve interior and pano roof
21-11-2012 03:52pm
WB
WB

(21-11-2012 03:52pm)abcya Wrote:  Mine was serviced a couple of weeks ago. They picked it up and dropped it back. They used my oil as suggested here (but it needs 5.9litres apparently so I bought 0.9l from them). Car dropped back clean etc.

I got in the car next day: "Service Required" Sad

So it seems they just forgot to reset it, but the reason for mentioning it on this thread is that when I took it back in for the reset, I queried whether I could trust that any updates had been carried it. I got the same response as WB - that they only update if LR tell them to or if there's a fault. They claimed that just applying software updates can cause problems rather than rectify ones that perhaps weren't there in the first place. I know IT people who follow that logic!

I mentioned that there seemed to be a bit of throttle lag since the service. 1/2 hour later: we've got an update for this so we'll apply it.

Anyway, it does genuinely feel smoother now.

Moral of the story: say the car's hopeless and everything needs fixing if you really want all the updates???

Which dealer out of interest?
21-11-2012 04:01pm
cjfp

There is a TSB about dealers being unable to reset the Service Required display !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
21-11-2012 06:25pm
abcya

Stratstone

I've driven the car again since my earlier post and it does feel significantly smoother when I put my foot down, so worth mentioning at service time to get that update. Apparently there are 12 different software modules that can be updated. Changing one does not necessarily change the overall software version number?

Right, I'm off to update my iPhone from iOS3 to iOS4 - hopefully it's been tested enough to be bug free now Wink

Firenze red Dynamic 5-door with Verve interior and pano roof
21-11-2012 10:11pm