Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone else getting rust? (Underbody)
Delta

I posted this on another Forum but thought I'd ask here too.

I already have rust in my underbody by the exhaust and the rear axles.

I sent pics to my dealer and have an appointment tomorrow.

[Image: 160pmwh.jpg]
[Image: 1z65mo6.jpg]
[Image: 2ugdik4.jpg]
[Image: 3305k5v.jpg]

I got the RRE on Jan 28th and only had 2-3 significant snow falls. But I wash it every other saturday so this shouldn't be happening.

The Front is ok.
22-02-2012 08:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ceebee

Rust'!!!!!!!!!!!

Not something that we should be discussing for a few years at least.

Going to check mine in the morning when it's light.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
22-02-2012 08:25pm
WB
WB

RE: Anyone else getting rust? (Underbody)

That's not good - better check mine
22-02-2012 10:21pm
THEMACS

Jesus, these cars are getting worse by the day! I thought Land Rovers etc were meant to be extra tough to cope with serious terrain! Looks like they have the same build quality as an old Lancia Beta! But not as good lookingLaughing
22-02-2012 10:25pm
jasonagusta

Hmm strange this topic should appear, only yesterday I asked my dealer if they could apply wax oil to the underbody of my evoque prior to delivery next week, as living by the coast can play havoc as you can imagine, certainly would recommend having your's treated for the sake of £160 - £200

Arrived 1st March: Dynamic Lux Coupe SD4 auto, Body Fuji White with Black pano roof, style 7 alloys with Verve interior & ebony headliner, tow bar, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating glass, Heated steering wheel, high beam assist, Adaptive xenon's.
22-02-2012 10:39pm
lngrn36

(22-02-2012 10:25pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Jesus, these cars are getting worse by the day! I thought Land Rovers etc were meant to be extra tough to cope with serious terrain! Looks like they have the same build quality as an old Lancia Beta! But not as good lookingLaughing

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!
Dust! I went out to go home today and my Evoque had dust all over it!
What do I do now? Should I wash it? Or should I wait for the rain to rinse it off? I mean really. Didn't LR build it so that dust and dirt wouldn't stick to it? How bizarre! If I drive it around it gets dirty! That's it! no more for me, I'm going to sell it before it falls apart!
Whistle

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
(This post was last modified: 23-02-2012 01:33am by lngrn36.)
23-02-2012 01:30am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

I think those pics are of a slight concern, looks like a bit a extensive surface rust that should not be there. The cars does come with a corrosion warranty. This is taken from the LR Australia website.

Paint surface and anti-corrosion warranty

- Land Rover is not responsible for any repair or replacement that is required as a direct result of the following:

- Failure to properly maintain paint and bodywork by regular cleaning in accordance with Land Rover's instructions
- Failure to rectify on a timely basis any paint or corrosion damage recorded in the service portfolio by a Land Rover dealer/Authorised Repairer at the time of the annual inspection
- Factors beyond Land Rover's control, such as natural hazards (salt, industrial fall-out, storm damage, acid rain) and damage (including stone chips, scratches and use of unsuitable cleaning agents)
- Accident repairs using materials or methods of repair that have not been approved by Land Rover
- Alterations of the vehicle from Land Rover's original specification

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
23-02-2012 03:11am
fixmdude

Do you use ice melt products that work to temperatures lower than salt such as potassium chloride? There are bags of chemicals that work at colder temperatures than salt, and they will cause corrosion many times faster than salt. If you put it on your driveway and drive through it, that will happen to your car. I tried it once and the mag rims on my old car corroded. I threw away the bag I hadn't used and I wouldn't use that stuff again.
23-02-2012 04:42am
Reto

All demonstration cars of my dealer have exactly the same rust as shown in the pictures above Sad

Fuji white, 5dr Pure, TD4, Xenon, PDC, 20", color matched plastic parts
23-02-2012 07:40am
fixmdude

(23-02-2012 07:40am)Reto Wrote:  All demonstration cars of my dealer have exactly the same rust as shown in the pictures above Sad

I heard that Toyota undercoats even their cheapest cars since they are all shipped over the salty ocean to get to the U.S. You are in Germany, so the Evoque didn't go over an ocean to get to you, and all your Evoques are rusted? That's a surprise with no good explanation.
23-02-2012 07:49am