Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone else getting rust? (Underbody)
lngrn36

RE: Anyone else getting rust? (Underbody)

(26-02-2012 06:33pm)fam1x Wrote:  I have checked my car and it's got rust in the exact same places. Will post pictures later as not sure how you can upload pictures from Iphone.

My car is less that 2 months old. Not sure how it got that much rust in such a short time. Sent pictures to LR customer service see what they have to say.

Photobucket has a great app for iPhone and it's free!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
26-02-2012 06:56pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

This most be normal for LR, the Discovery 3 I used to have had rust on all the bits on the under side. I checked all the other cars at the dealer to find there all the same.

So don't panick (yet!).

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
26-02-2012 10:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

Thanks for that Ingrn36 hope that worked here are my pictures

http://s1164.photobucket.com/albums/q579/fam1x/

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
27-02-2012 12:31am
fam1x

Has anyone else noticed rust on their cars? I've spoken to the dealer sent him my pictures and they need to have a look at the car. So waiting for a time to book my car in Sad not happy.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
29-02-2012 09:40pm
andrey1302

(29-02-2012 09:40pm)fam1x Wrote:  Has anyone else noticed rust on their cars? I've spoken to the dealer sent him my pictures and they need to have a look at the car. So waiting for a time to book my car in Sad not happy.

Had similar problems and showed my dealer, and he said its absolutely normal and nothing to worry about and assured me that they will spray it over next time I come for service so its more visually appealing

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
29-02-2012 10:59pm
invoke

My friend who use to work as a global metal sheet supplier in Germany, once mentioned that it depends on the auto manufacturer what kind of metal sheet rolls they want. Reclaimed/recycled has a poor half life and tend to rust faster regardless of the weather conditions, but its much cheaper, thus some manufacturers have a greater margin of profit. I guess such manufactures just care to sell their products.

anyways, some info from our nothpole towns what we do here to protect our cars.. you may find this helpful. PS: wax actually make things worse by trapping the moisture. PS: dont go to dealers for further rip off jobs.

Rust check is an excellent and well known product. Another good one is Krown. In montreal they throw aprox 200 tons of salt on roads every winter, and these products are amazing. Absolutely no rust absolutely on my 10 years old Honda. It does break ones heart when they drill holes through out the body to pass the probes to reach crevices . but they get plugged very professionally. These holes are used every other year for re-oiling.

Regardless, its disappointing to see a few hundred miles driven vehicle with such bad corrosion. Unacceptable from a such a high end car, or may be its not.

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 10:36am by invoke.)
01-03-2012 08:35am
Delta

LOL a fellow Canuck. I saw CTV and I thought Canadian.
anyway I agree that they should use better metal and protection for their vehicles considering the premium you pay but it's a shame.

I'd use Rust Check myself on the rusty bits after a good steel brush, I do like Krown but I find that it's so messy especially in the underbody, inbetween panels etc. but yeah they do a good job.
01-03-2012 03:10pm
fam1x

(29-02-2012 10:59pm)andrey1302 Wrote:  Had similar problems and showed my dealer, and he said its absolutely normal and nothing to worry about and assured me that they will spray it over next time I come for service so its more visually appealing

Oh wow Let you know what my dealer say when they have a look at mine.

01-03-2012 03:37pm
fam1x

I went to drop my car off to the dealer today to check the rust on the drive shaft. Saw a new 2012 car in the dealership. Just checked under the car and notice it too had rust on the drive shaft. look like LR are just recylcing old parts.

Also go this replay from LR today
"Thank you for sending me the photographs of underneath the chassis of your Range Rover Evoque.
From the images you have sent it would appear that they show surface corrosion which is a cosmetic concern and is not detrimental to your vehicle.

However as I'm sure you will appreciate that we are not in a position to diagnose any concern without looking at your vehicle. If you are concerned I would urge you to visit your local dealership who can carry an inspection and will be able to discuss your worries with you in further detail.

If you require any further assistance please don't hesitate to let me know.

Kind Regards,
Social Media Executive
Jaguar Land Rover Customer Relations "

09-03-2012 03:08pm
Firenze

I just had a look at my rear drive shafts and they only have a bit of surface rust you can still see some metal, had mine a couple of days now and its not seen any rain or salt so they must be rust free when they are put on the car

Still debating wether to spray WD40 underneath to help keep everything a bit more. Corrosion free, its the liquid as oppose to an aerosol

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
09-03-2012 03:51pm