Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone Seen the size of the boot
Blackseries

RE: Anyone Seen the size od the boot

TBH there's not a lot of space above the parcel shelf (the roof is quite low) but I know what you mean.

You'll probably have the least adjusting to do of anybody .....coming from a B Class. The B Class is almost the same (seat) height and boot size as the Evoque - the Evoque is wider and has a longer bonnet and is quieter and faster.
BTW have you seen the new B Class - hideous - what were they thinking. Shocked

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
11-08-2011 02:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alanet

You're right. I haven't actually sat in an Evoque, but the seat height and driving position are probably quite close. The boot is also the same kind of shape and size. There's probably less rear legroom in the Evoque though.

New B-class interior doesn't look too nice. Exterior is a bit so-so. Nothing as exciting as the Evoque.
11-08-2011 04:22pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Not a great comparison I know but here is a coffee mug in the boot................. I would say it isn't far off the size of the RRS's boot with the seats up
[Image: DSCF0614.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2011 04:29pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-08-2011 04:29pm
DoctorX

I had the opportunity to test drive the 5d Evoque last Monday. The Boot is definitely smaller than what RR announced, and actually the only think I felt disappointed about.

Compared to the Tiguan it is significantly smaller. German Car magazines report 420 liters which might be the reality. So my advice, don't have high expectations about the size of the boot.
11-08-2011 05:15pm
Gorjan

Smaller than tiguan boot? That is small.
420 l is less than my current A Class 435l boot.

DoctorX, what else are German mag. Saying about the Evoque? Did you see the AutoBild video review? I couldn't understand it...

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
11-08-2011 05:23pm
DoctorX

In comparison with the BMW X1 the say it is much better. But after all the X1 is not exactly an SUV...

The car in general (my opinion from the test drive) has a nice interior and a nice design overall. It looses points on the fact that the roof is too close to your head (not an suv feeling) and that the boot is somehow smaller than expected. The car drives firm on the road (much firmer comparing to the Freelander). The SI4 that I drove has enough power if driven above 2500 RPM. So sometimes you might get the feeling (when driving in D) that you have to wait until engine and gearbox keep up. Thinks are of course different when driving in S. The car inside is not noisy and the sound of the SI4 is well elaborated.
11-08-2011 05:36pm
alanet

(11-08-2011 05:23pm)Gorjan Wrote:  Smaller than tiguan boot? That is small.
420 l is less than my current A Class 435l

the A class is cheating like the B class and the Evoque... So the Evoque's boot is quite a bit bigger than your A class
11-08-2011 06:35pm
berlin2011

RE: Anyone Seen the size of the boot

Seems adequate….not big enough for the two Golden Retrievers thoughConfused

[Image: 03C0021C04499936-c2-photo-oYToyOntzOjE6I...evoque.jpg]

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
13-08-2011 10:26am