Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone Seen the size of the boot
Urban Splash

RE: Anyone Seen the size od the boot

Hi all,

New here and also been wondering about the boot size....

Loadspace volume 550 litres*/575 litres** - Really? Thats pretty big for a small car. Nearly the same size boot as a Q5!

I went specifically to the Paris motor show last year to take a look at evoque, and had a chance to sit in and take a good close look. I must say that the boot looked pretty big, but not that big!

On a side note...the car looked fantastic. quality inside was excellent. Pretty dark without the sunroof though....

I took loads of pics if anyone is interested....

p.s Think it will be ok transporting a dog in the boot? cage available?

Cheers

Ross

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
27-01-2011 10:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firebird

What size dog, I am looking to do the same but am guessing in our case the back seats will be folded down. We have a Border Collie, she currently has a special platform that sits behind th drivers seat in the Navara. Used to be on the floor but found that she got sick if she could not see out the window.

Let me introduce you to Rap Dog Molly.

If you have a good pic of the boot that actually allows you to see the inside that would be great.

Cheers

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

27-01-2011 11:34pm
Urban Splash

(27-01-2011 11:34pm)Firebird Wrote:  What size dog, I am looking to do the same but am guessing in our case the back seats will be folded down. We have a Border Collie, she currently has a special platform that sits behind th drivers seat in the Navara. Used to be on the floor but found that she got sick if she could not see out the window.

Let me introduce you to Rap Dog Molly.

If you have a good pic of the boot that actually allows you to see the inside that would be great.

Cheers

Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier! Medium sized dog....

I'm still finding it hard the believe that the boot is bigger than a Freelander!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
28-01-2011 06:44pm
Firebird

If your reverse engineer the spec's provided by Diamond the boot length is 610mm but as the back seat is angled I am guessing that at the top of the seat the distance to the back door would be 480-500mm and at the floor 700-730mm. 8.7 x 10.9 x 6.1 = 578 Litres. If you then subtract 6.1 from 15.8 which is the total length of the rear with the seats folded you end up with 920L + 578 = 1498L. This is pretty close to the to the 1445L quoted.

Cheers
28-01-2011 11:06pm
DoctorX

I also find the capacity of the boot impressive. Is the information you delivered already publicly available? Double checked?
I also like the off road characteristics! It will really be a nice car... I am looking forward to the first real life videos...
28-01-2011 11:58pm
Blackseries

I must admit when I saw the boot of the 3 door at Paris (and then the 5 door at Gaydon - its slightly taller) I was very surprised. It may be an optical illusion because the sides are so tall - because there is so little glass - but it does LOOK bigger than a Freelander - though not at big as a new Kia Sportage. Also at Gaydon one of the project team said that one of the designers had a life size Border Collie toy that they used to make sure that the boot design was big enough to carry one largish dog. Which is good news for us as we have a Border Collie - and she will fit in the boot just fine. Whilst I was at Paris in a BRR-C I sat next door to someone who had a Freelander 2 and they said that if felt very similar in size. So I test drove a SD4 when I got back just to see what it was like performance wise and was pleasantly surprised. If you look at the 0-60 stats a SD4 FL2 is faster than a RRS (Diesel) so the Evoque should be at least as quick. Interesting.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
29-01-2011 12:54pm
diamond

(28-01-2011 11:58pm)DoctorX Wrote:  I also find the capacity of the boot impressive. Is the information you delivered already publicly available? Double checked?
I also like the off road characteristics! It will really be a nice car... I am looking forward to the first real life videos...

details came directly from LR
31-01-2011 11:03pm
Firebird

(29-01-2011 12:54pm)Blackseries Wrote:  I must admit when I saw the boot of the 3 door at Paris (and then the 5 door at Gaydon - its slightly taller) I was very surprised. It may be an optical illusion because the sides are so tall - because there is so little glass - but it does LOOK bigger than a Freelander - though not at big as a new Kia Sportage. Also at Gaydon one of the project team said that one of the designers had a life size Border Collie toy that they used to make sure that the boot design was big enough to carry one largish dog. Which is good news for us as we have a Border Collie - and she will fit in the boot just fine. Whilst I was at Paris in a BRR-C I sat next door to someone who had a Freelander 2 and they said that if felt very similar in size. So I test drove a SD4 when I got back just to see what it was like performance wise and was pleasantly surprised. If you look at the 0-60 stats a SD4 FL2 is faster than a RRS (Diesel) so the Evoque should be at least as quick. Interesting.

I was told by the dealer manager the same thing that Kia Sportage boot is similar size to the top of the back seats but the Evoque roof line is lower at the rear and that is what makes the difference. The Kia is 740L vs 575 for the Evoque. I had a look at a Kia last night and from the inside edge of the back door to the edge of the rear blind housing is 550 so I would guess that it is 600-610 with the blind removed. so a medium size dog should fit but might be tight. As I said mine lays down behind the drivers seat in the Navara. The rear seats fold up so I will measure to see how much room she has.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2011 05:55am by Firebird.)
01-02-2011 05:51am
Kermit

(25-01-2011 11:20pm)Firebird Wrote:  From what I have been told by the dealer we will not be getting the 2 wheel drive in Aussie.

Maybe not initially but if sales of the 4wd models slow down then maybe in a couple of years time it will come. Is the 2wd FF2 available Down Under?
04-04-2011 05:39am
alanet

Hello all, I've been registered for a while now but haven't actually posted yet. But felt that this boot size issue should be addressed. It seems that LR's quote for the boot is when mesuring all the way up to the roof. That's probably why the 3 and 5 doors have different sized boots.

Most manufacturers quote boot space up to the parcel shelf. Which means that the Evoque's boot is considerably smaller than what the numbers suggest. I've seen 420 liters quoted on a french forum. Funnily enough, that's exactly what mercedes did with my current car, a mercedes b-class. It makes the cars look more familly friendly than they are in reality.

Hasn't stopped me from ordering and Evoque though.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2011 01:12pm by alanet.)
11-08-2011 01:10pm