Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Any other US Evoque owners?
mbs9

RE: Any other US Evoque owners?

Cape Cod, MA here. Picked mine up last Thursday 12/15/11!
Dynamic Coupe, Indus Silver/Black, Pursuit Interior, loaded.

(This post was last modified: 19-12-2011 08:08am by mbs9.)
19-12-2011 08:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
geddon_jt

Thanks for replying everyone, your cars all look great.

I'll share a little bit about my experience thus far for the benefit of other potential US buyers, then get to some questions and observations.
First, my car is a base pure plus with nothing but HD radio and "special paint." Like I said before, my car is barolo black, a color which has seen a lot of discussion on this website. I didn't special order this car, but my sales associate notified me in November that it was coming in at which time I put down a deposit to hold it. My build sheet showed "barolo black." Interestingly, this is not a color that is available on LR's website or on the car builder. The SA originally quoted me $475 for this color, which is the same price as sumatra black on the website. When the car arrived the cost was actually $950. I am pretty convinced that nowhere on the internet does it say how much barolo black costs on a US evoque, but now we all know Smile To make me feel better, the SA told me that barolo black was a $9700 option on the full range rover. I was willing to pay more as the flecks in the paint really do look very nice.

Now for some questions/observations. When taking the car I was in a hurry and ran off without the owners manual, so maybe some of these can get cleared up when I pick that up from the dealer later this week.

I learned upon delivery that if you don't have the nav, there is no voice commands for anything, not even audio/air etc. Instead, the little voice command button on the wheel is set to turn the radio on and off. If anyone else has a base pure I wonder if this is the same for them, and whether it can be changed.

My first time driving at night I was very disappointed with the quality of the headlights. I had just turned the switch to "auto." It turns out I was just driving with the fogs on. When I made that realization I felt like an idiot. It wasn't until I pushed the little tab forward by the audio setting that the real lights came on. Is there a way to make sure the main headlights always click on on the auto setting without having to push the tab?

Loving the car so far. Really the most impressive thing to me so far is the amount of space up front and even the legroom and headroom in the back. It is a very spacious comfortable car for passengers, despite its size. Thanks everyone!
19-12-2011 12:50pm
mkaresh

Any US owners with the 5-door with only the Vision Assist Package?

I maintain a configurator, and it's not clear whether or not this package includes the blind spot monitor with the 5-door. The Pure Premium and Dynamic Premium Packages are $400 less with the 5-door because they don't include this feature, but the Vision Assist Package is $1,900 with either body style.
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2011 04:49pm by mkaresh.)
19-12-2011 04:49pm
jasondcalderon

Proud owner of the First 2doors Evoque in Puerto Rico!
19-12-2011 05:20pm
Evo-king

geddon_jt.

In the UK Barolo Black is £995 Premium Option, one would expect that to be the same worldwide.

Have a look in your glovebox, there is a special space where the manual resides, it may be in there.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Document-...n-glovebox

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2011 11:35pm by Evo-king.)
19-12-2011 06:54pm
o|||||o

Mine has apparently been built but not shipped yet. I got a Orkney Grey Prestige with everything (except sat radio) + style 7 wheels.

I was disappointed by (but sadly used to) the lack of options for the US vs the Euro markets so it was a bit of a compromise.

I think I'll still like it, though.... Very Happy

I like how rare they are here- I have only seen one in the wild so far and a few at dealers/auto shows.
(This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 06:51am by o|||||o.)
20-12-2011 06:49am
SebM

(19-12-2011 06:37am)slee18 Wrote:  Im in Cali got mine dec 2 a Galway Green Prestige with ivory and expresso

Any pictures ? I am interested to see "Galway Green"...

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
20-12-2011 08:00am
kadilake

wow good to know that I'm not the only gy from us spent hell lots time on this site Very Happy I placed my order on Nov. 10th in LA and it took the dealership one and half month to finally update me for a estimated schedule. I was told today that my dynamic Fuji white w/ contrast black top and ebony/red interior gonna arrive at the dealership 12 early April or sooner. I kept tracking local dealerships inventories for any in stock similar evoque, the best fit one only w/out a black top was sold in one day!!!!!! And it seems that theres no bargain power for us on evoque? any1 got a quote lower than msrp? my best deal is msrp~
20-12-2011 11:06am
brucewinter

(20-12-2011 11:06am)kadilake Wrote:  wow good to know that I'm not the only gy from us spent hell lots time on this site Very Happy I placed my order on Nov. 10th in LA and it took the dealership one and half month to finally update me for a estimated schedule. I was told today that my dynamic Fuji white w/ contrast black top and ebony/red interior gonna arrive at the dealership 12 early April or sooner. I kept tracking local dealerships inventories for any in stock similar evoque, the best fit one only w/out a black top was sold in one day!!!!!! And it seems that theres no bargain power for us on evoque? any1 got a quote lower than msrp? my best deal is msrp~

For now, feel lucky to get one even at msrp. I hate paying full retail, but love the Evoque. Bruce

Received December 16, 2011: fuji white prestige 5 door, tan/ivory/espresso interior, 20" alloy wheels style 7
20-12-2011 12:04pm
exigejoe

Heres more US evoque; heres my evoque with another at a local breakfast cafe.

More US evoques....this was at breakfast at a local cafe

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
(This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 03:45pm by exigejoe.)
20-12-2011 03:43pm