Press and Journal review today

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2407719
31-08-2011 06:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Another good review

(31-08-2011 06:33pm)Rattrala Wrote:  Press and Journal review today

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2407719

Stupid of them to claim that the Evoque is for people who cannot yet afford a larger Range Rover. Perhaps people are buying one for other reasons - a smaller car, a more sporting driving experience than piloting something with the aerodynamics of a brick s..t house, a more adventurous design, you name it.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
31-08-2011 08:26pm
SW6RR

Yep, agreed. And presumably, someone who was desperate for a FFRR with 40k burning a hole in their pocket would just go ahead and buy one a few years old...

The Evoque is a different proposition, not necessarily a substitute. I certainly wouldn't want a FFRR or a RRS in London (obviously lots of people do, I just don't fancy it)

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
31-08-2011 08:56pm
ant

Agreed. Many people buying an Evoque can afford a RRS or FFRR.Twisted Evil
Why would they say that?
ANTShocked

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
01-09-2011 09:14am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It's a strange comment coming from them as their part of the country probably has the highest ownership of RRS and FFRR outside of London - Inverness and Aberdeen

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-09-2011 09:18am
evoqueboy

What a silly comment. I've decided that I'm keeping the full fat as well.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2011 10:17am by evoqueboy.)
01-09-2011 09:48am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I wish I could justify keeping the FFRR, but I don't use my 2nd car all that much as it is so having a 3rd would be a total waste - somebody else might as well enjoy the pleasures of a late plate low miles TDv8 Vogue with lots of extras!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-09-2011 09:54am
Rattrala

Currently driving a LR4 and find it very nice to drive and was a saviour last winter. Unfortunately my wife couldn't get out of the driveway for 2 months last year in her two wheel drive car and started driving the Discovery, she likes the car but finds it too big for town journeys and especially parking in multiple storey car parks.

She has decided to go for an Evoque which will be much better in coping with the winter weather out in the "stick's" than her current 2WD sports with extra low profiles. She didn't want another Large 4 wheel drive , not because she couldn't afford it but will be a more suitable car for her needs - OH and it looks far better than either a RRS / FFRR / FL2 OR LR4. I might even get to drive it!
01-09-2011 10:30am
BFGEvoqueMan

(01-09-2011 10:30am)Rattrala Wrote:  She has decided to go for an Evoque which will be much better in coping with the winter weather out in the "stick's" than her current 2WD sports with extra low profiles.

Would have been cheaper to buy winter tyresLaughingLaughingLaughing

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
01-09-2011 12:47pm