Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another Hiccup?
mark_n

Another Hiccup?

Reported on the "other" forum is a problem with filling the fuel tank in Si4 cars. Apparently, the air cannot escape quickly enough and the fuel spits back. There's obviously a potential safety issue and LR are meanwhile advising users to only fill their tanks half full.

Assuming this is correct, and I've checked my diary that it is not April 1, this could obviously lead to further delays with the Si4 while they figure out a venting solution which doesn't also vent fuel at the same time. Seems incredible that this hasn't been picked up before.

The Si4 has a larger fuel tank (by 10 litres) compared to the diesels to partly compensate for greater consumption and you can imagine that there's less space for a simple flowing filler pipe. No idea, but it's said the "boffins" are "working" on a solution.

Come to think of it, how many people are there here with Si4's delivered, Canadian Diana I know, anyone else? If so, have you had this problem?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
12-11-2011 05:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

RE: Another Hiccup?

Mr Mark - happy to report that I did not have this problem but have only filled up once! I did think the orifice was a little tighter than on previous vehicles (or am I imagining this now I've read your post!). Oh dear, now I'm worrying about future regurgitations!! Will take care and keep my face well away! Thanks for letting us know!

ExigeJoe of Tacoma, have you noticed any issues?

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
13-11-2011 09:22am
Iain S

I've filled ours up twice with no issues.

Arrived: Dynamic Si4 Coupe Firenze Red/Narvik Black
Arrived: Dynamic Plus Sd4 5 Door Fuji White
13-11-2011 10:57am
mark_n

As I say, it's just a report on the other web-site and any effect may well depend on the calibration of the petrol pump cut-off. If it allows the back pressure to build up to a higher than normal level, there's the danger of fuel spurting back. On the other hand, if it trips too early, filling the tank is a time consuming business. Let's hope it's not a real problem.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
13-11-2011 02:15pm
Iain S

You seem to be looking for the negatives Mark. I've had no issues with either of my cars as yet and very impressed with the build quality. The fuel issue may well be down to "operator error" on the other site or a faulty cut off switch on the pump nozzle.

Arrived: Dynamic Si4 Coupe Firenze Red/Narvik Black
Arrived: Dynamic Plus Sd4 5 Door Fuji White
13-11-2011 03:34pm
Token

(13-11-2011 09:22am)Evoqess Wrote:  Mr Mark - happy to report that I did not have this problem but have only filled up once! I did think the orifice was a little tighter than on previous vehicles (or am I imagining this now I've read your post!). Oh dear, now I'm worrying about future regurgitations!! Will take care and keep my face well away! Thanks for letting us know!

Too many jokes and not enough time!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
13-11-2011 06:17pm
paulus599

Laughing Exactly what I was thinking!

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
13-11-2011 06:39pm
cjfp

didn't want to be second to admit to the same, but will third that: lol:

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-11-2011 07:39pm
dandavis1

I've filled my Si4 numerous times (nearly 3k miles worth) and no problems here either.
13-11-2011 07:49pm
Evoqess

(13-11-2011 06:17pm)Token Wrote:  Too many jokes and not enough time!

Shocked I have no idea of what you may be talking about WinkWink
There is always time for jokes!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
13-11-2011 07:57pm