Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another Dynamic/Prestige question
DDX

Another Dynamic/Prestige question

Hi people, been directed to here from the RRS forums. Looking to replace my wires RRS with an evoque and have spent hours on this wonderful forum.

I prefer the exterior styling of the dynamic but from pictures, Prestige interior seems far more superior. Looking to get black (kids have destroyed light interior on the RRS) so my concern isn't about colour choices, but more about the quality.

Also, on some pics I have seen a grainy/textured centre dash trim (along the nab screen section) and some pictures have smooth. What finish belongs to which model?

Thanks in advance.
01-08-2011 11:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Another Dynamic/Prestige question

Prestige has a wider choice of colour combinations than Dynamic, some are definitely from the Victoria Beckham school of interior design and others are very nice and restrained. The Tan of the cars I saw yesterday is much nicer than the tan of the RRS too, more natural looking. Quality is first class and if your RRS is a 2005-2009 car then the interior of the Evoque is streets ahead.
The grainy material you comment about is the "soft touch material" of the Pure and Dynamic models - the Prestige and Dynamic Plus have a leather bar across the band where the nav screen is. Must admit in the dark grey of the Dynamic it wasn't that obvious that it wasn't leather but the lighter colours of dash it is quite obvious that it has the same fake leather quality plastic as a 1970's Datsun............... I spent the driving section of the afternoon in an Orkney Grey SD4 Dynamic Coupe with the Pursuit interior and the Panoramic roof, it was very nice but with the black headlining and the roof blind closed rather dark inside, even with the light seat cushions and backs. The White Coupe Prestige that we used for the Park Assist demo was finished with the Spirit interior and was beautiful. If you want the Dynamic with a lighter interior then try the Pursuit with a Panoramic roof - the rear seat passengers will love watching the trees go by overhead and the interior will be flooded with day light until you close the roof blind!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2011 11:52am by XFullFatTim.)
01-08-2011 11:49am
SW6RR

I am pleased with my choice of Spirit interior - persevered against all those photos that made it look hideous...!
01-08-2011 11:58am
Gthornton

I wanted a full spec but with Tan interior to go with Buckingham Blue, so I ended up ordering a Prestige with extra magna-ride.

It works out as £770 more for the Prestige but you get the slightly better leather, 8/6 way seats (not 6/4), better carpets and a few chrome bits the Dynamic does not.....

Best thing to do is spec both and print them out to compare.

Either way, as Tim says the build quality will be better than the shoddy RRS and its creaky interior with many sharp edges!

Arrived: 4WD SD4 Auto, Prestige, LUX Buckingham Blue w/everything apart from rear screens.
Current/ For Sale: C63 AMG Estate.
Gone: RRS TDV8, F360, Boxster S x3, F328GTS, Caterham etc...
01-08-2011 12:00pm
DDX

Thanks for the responses, placed an order today just waiting for an allocation to build. Once dealer can confirm delivery will proceed with order. Will post details to Order section of forum in a short while.
01-08-2011 04:42pm
Sassy

I felt the Prestige interior was very distinct to the Dynamic, and I have to say I was a little disappointed with Dynamic as while I appreciate it is meant to slant toward sporty, it could still have a more luxurious feel. Dynamic to me was reminiscent of the no nonsense interior of an Audi, while Prestige was a closer reflection of the FFRR interior in its soft, padded out surfaces, fat squishy steering wheel, and contrast materials and colours.

In favour, I think it's good that the two interiors offer different vibes, but I feel they could have kept the luxury feel of the Prestige running through the Dynamic but just use more vibrant colours or textures to make the difference rather than paring it down. Just the impression I got from what was there. They didn't however have an example of the Dynamic interior I've chosen, which is Pursuit.

Interestingly there were no floral etched aluminium trims that I saw on any Prestiges.
(01-08-2011 11:49am)FullFatTim Wrote:  I spent the driving section of the afternoon in an Orkney Grey SD4 Dynamic Coupe with the Pursuit interior

Oh, just read this... They told me they didn't have an example with Pursuit!

On order: Coupe SD4 Dynamic Auto, Indus Silver, 20" Chrome Shadow Wheels, Pursuit/Lunar/Gloss Black
Current cars: BMW X3 (MK1)
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Lotus Exige
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2011 05:50pm by Sassy.)
01-08-2011 05:48pm
XFullFatTim

Sassy the Coupe in the Gleneagles Room where you had your meal had the floral aluminium on the dash - not my sort of thing but it wasn't awful, LR's equivalent of the Beetle's flower vase??????

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-08-2011 07:40pm
Sassy

Oh I did look inside that but never noticed the floral, must be quite subtle which would be nice (for girls). I have to say, I think Dynamic ext, Prestige int is the way forward if LR is listening!!!

On order: Coupe SD4 Dynamic Auto, Indus Silver, 20" Chrome Shadow Wheels, Pursuit/Lunar/Gloss Black
Current cars: BMW X3 (MK1)
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Lotus Exige
02-08-2011 01:11pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

(01-08-2011 07:40pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Sassy the Coupe in the Gleneagles Room where you had your meal had the floral aluminium on the dash - not my sort of thing but it wasn't awful, LR's equivalent of the Beetle's flower vase??????

I think it's the nastiest tack I've seen so far on the Evoque. Can't believe anyone would like it.
02-08-2011 01:22pm
XFullFatTim

I think it might be the Beckham contribution Charlie.

02-08-2011 03:59pm