Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
And there I was worrying about kerbing the alloys...
Westy

RE: And there I was worrying about kerbing the alloys...

Ouch, again at least no one was hurt. i think that post should be fitted to a harbour wall to help Tim secure his vessel whilst in dock.

Hope she hasnt lost her onfidence to drive the car again, my other half is scared to death to drive the car in case something happens whilst she is driving and Im not around.

Already had a scare yesterday, I was sat in a meeting on a second storey, car was outside in sight, there was a gravel drive nearby and I saw some little cherrubs playing with some stones, Mum was unaware then the scare!!

The little ones whilst waiting for mum beagn playing with the gravel, both had gravel in their hands, I saw in slow motion the little boy getting told off and dropped his stones, in panic his sister threw the stones in her hand in a strop and yes three went up into the air and hit the roof of my car, I was amazed and it happened so quick I couldnit do anyhting about, needless to say Mum was not impressed and I saw the little girl getting a good telling off.

Still amazed and expecting the worst, came out after my meeting and checked and it seems all is ok.

Stand at the front wing and look down the body lines of the car and ensure you dont see any strange shadows, check all the door seals have been refitted properly.

Most importantly dont take for granted that because they are LR approved that they are perfect. I dont mean to sound negative just want the best from a bodyshop for you.

Best of luck for today Very Happy

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
16-03-2012 10:26am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SiT

(16-03-2012 10:26am)Westy Wrote:  Ouch, again at least no one was hurt. i think that post should be fitted to a harbour wall to help Tim secure his vessel whilst in dock.

Hope she hasnt lost her onfidence to drive the car again, my other half is scared to death to drive the car in case something happens whilst she is driving and Im not around.

Already had a scare yesterday, I was sat in a meeting on a second storey, car was outside in sight, there was a gravel drive nearby and I saw some little cherrubs playing with some stones, Mum was unaware then the scare!!

The little ones whilst waiting for mum beagn playing with the gravel, both had gravel in their hands, I saw in slow motion the little boy getting told off and dropped his stones, in panic his sister threw the stones in her hand in a strop and yes three went up into the air and hit the roof of my car, I was amazed and it happened so quick I couldnit do anyhting about, needless to say Mum was not impressed and I saw the little girl getting a good telling off.

Still amazed and expecting the worst, came out after my meeting and checked and it seems all is ok.

Stand at the front wing and look down the body lines of the car and ensure you dont see any strange shadows, check all the door seals have been refitted properly.

Most importantly dont take for granted that because they are LR approved that they are perfect. I dont mean to sound negative just want the best from a bodyshop for you.

Best of luck for today Very Happy

Thats not too bad Westy, had mine for 8 days and i watched the wife catch it on the side mirror today coming into the garage, got a scrape on the wing mirror... Smile sh!t happens, just get on with it.
16-03-2012 10:29pm
WB
WB

(15-03-2012 09:36pm)Ray Parlour Wrote:  After tooling around in a Peugeot 207 courtesy car for nearly two weeks - the horror - I am collecting my Evoque from the repair shop tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how good a job they've done as an official Land Rover Repair Centre and also to see how much it has all cost. Anyone any suggestions for particular things to look out for? I've got 'check the doors shut properly' and 'make sure you look at the paint in daylight'; anything else?

Today, by coincidence, a council sub-contractor was upgrading the bollards, including the one that did all the damage, to taller, more visible versions. The original ones were not the correct 'spec' apparently.

Will post some 'after' pics tomorrow.

Does that suggest you may be able to claim against the council rather than your own insurance?
16-03-2012 11:24pm
IKM

(16-03-2012 10:29pm)SiT Wrote:  Thats not too bad Westy, had mine for 8 days and i watched the wife catch it on the side mirror today coming into the garage, got a scrape on the wing mirror... Smile sh!t happens, just get on with it.
+1 .... Just noticed my stone chip etc etc.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
17-03-2012 12:40am
ChuckieB

Kerbed one of the alloys yesterday. Irritated the hell out of me as it was kerbed when I had to get close to the swipe reader for the barrier in the works car park. The barrier is normally up!!

Still it's done now and I can't blame my wife for being the first! Time to move on.....

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
17-03-2012 10:34am
Ray Parlour

Collected on Friday. Looks like they've done a superb job so I'm one happy bunny. The new car smell has been replaced by the smell of paint thinners though.

5dr Pure SD4 Auto, Tech Pack, Front Fog lights, Indus + Ebony
20-03-2012 06:23pm
PhilSkill

(20-03-2012 06:23pm)Ray Parlour Wrote:  Collected on Friday. Looks like they've done a superb job so I'm one happy bunny. The new car smell has been replaced by the smell of paint thinners though.

Looks a whole lot better than your first post! great for you to get it back! must be a big relief i'm sure!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-03-2012 12:27am
PigLauncher

(28-02-2012 06:06pm)Sarcastrix Wrote:  That will buff out with a little T-cut Wink

Laughing nasty.

Manual Dynamic, Firenze, Chrome Shadows, Santorini Pano,Verve,Ebony Headliner,Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons.TPMS. June the 20th.
02-04-2012 12:45pm