Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
And there I was worrying about kerbing the alloys...
caroline11000

RE: And there I was worrying about kerbing the alloys...

Oh no! Big Cry

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
28-02-2012 08:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rootsboy

pretty much every car where i live looks like that, its just going to be a matter of time Sad

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
28-02-2012 08:04pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Oh dear, my sympathy goes out to you, it will never feel like the same car again. As pointed out by The Macs, silver is a really hard colour to match even if they replace the entire door skins, it's the way the metallic flakes lie in silver that are so so hard to make match the rest of the body.
If you whizz up to LPR they have an Indus Silver Prestige 5 door in their showroom, they might let you have two doors off it!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2012 08:33pm by XFullFatTim.)
28-02-2012 08:17pm
DynamicRRV

Ouch!!!
28-02-2012 08:25pm
Straydox

Oh that's really annoying - a good, proper bodyshop will be able to sort that for you. Paint match is a challenge and these days is very much down to the skill of the paint mixing operative (just in case you might be thinking there is a tin of Indus Silver sitting on a shelf with your name on it). Most 'shops will mix the paint to a perfect match and then spray part of the adjacent undamaged panels (typically called flashing-in or blending in the trade) to completely disguise the new paint. There is a big human-skill factor here and it depends how good the paintshop team are.

I did note that on my Evoque test-drive I did have that uncomfortable feeling of not knowing exactly where the left-side of the vehicle was - I think because there is a sensation of sitting 'low' in the car - I get the same feeling with the A5 Cabrio I have now. It was for this very reason I spec'd the surround cameras - to be able to see vertically down the sides of the car...

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 01:27am by Straydox.)
28-02-2012 08:33pm
PhilSkill

Bummer, Sorry for you...! Hope the repairs go well.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
28-02-2012 08:35pm
WB
WB

Sorry to see that! On a more positive note I've had two silver cars have paintwork done which was an excellent match - just be selective as to the body shop you use and ensure you check it very thoroughly before accepting it post repair
28-02-2012 09:06pm
ceebee

And there I was worrying about kerbing the alloys...

Oh nooooooooooo

Pack the dents will filler and then wrap that side in silver, no- one will ever know.?

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
28-02-2012 09:16pm
PAT

I can imagine how you felt as I did something similar in my TT years ago and can still remember that sinking feeling when I got out to have a look at the damage.

Good luck with the repair.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
28-02-2012 09:25pm
Ray Parlour

Wow! How lovely are you lot?

The good news is that my insurers will let me use a Land Rover approved body-shop repair facility. My wife - (she was at the wheel so I currently occupy the moral high-ground) - is now the 3rd person to have struck this bollard, apparently. Surround cameras are unlikely to have helped as she was exiting a car-park onto a main road and would have been watching the traffic (probably).

I'll post 'after' pics in due course.

5dr Pure SD4 Auto, Tech Pack, Front Fog lights, Indus + Ebony
28-02-2012 10:42pm