Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York
IKM

RE: All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York

I'm looking forward to seeing it at the NY Motorshow this weekend. It's not the main reason behind our trip, but "icing on the cake". I'll post pictures ASAP.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2013 03:42pm by IKM.)
27-03-2013 03:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

(27-03-2013 03:20pm)WB Wrote:  The grey looks so much better than the orange/red first photos that came out but that rear bumper is just terrible.
Just looking at the online configurator and it seems the basic S model is far more sparsely equiped than a Pure Evoque. It has, as standard, cloth seats, no heated windscreen, no front fogs, no auto lights, no xenons, no power mirrors, no paddle shift, no mood lighting, NO MATS!! and a starting price of £55k!!!!!!!

I remember a friend taking delivery of an RRS HSE on the 1st day of delivery when it was 1st launched. He paid £43/£44k for it. I'm guessing the same spec will be more like £65-£70k for the new one. Pricing a lot of previous owners out of the mkt I think.
27-03-2013 03:50pm
ChuckieB

Key pricing now on the configurator. A bit out of my league once common sense prevails!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
28-03-2013 12:27am
jitenc

I am not too sure about the headlights...much prefer the evoque's... It's looks like the rude boy is maturing, just out of prison!!!

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
28-03-2013 12:34am
SebM

I love it !!! Also an idea to replace my Evoque...

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
29-03-2013 01:23pm
oop north

(27-03-2013 03:50pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  I remember a friend taking delivery of an RRS HSE on the 1st day of delivery when it was 1st launched. He paid £43/£44k for it. I'm guessing the same spec will be more like £65-£70k for the new one. Pricing a lot of previous owners out of the mkt I think.

In 2007, discoveries were available from about 25k (now 38k), rrs from 35k (now 51k), freelander hse was from 31k (now high 30s) - Land Rovers have gone up in price massively, partly because lower price models have been cut from bottom end (disco had 5 seat with non-air suspension as entry model) and some spec increases (SE rrs had cloth seats iirc)
29-03-2013 11:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RRS SE never had cloth seats, the S that was launched about 18 months after production started had the basic spec with cloth seat facings but very few were delivered with cloth. The SE had leather seat facings and dash trim with matching faux leather seat backs and bases, the faux leather was an extremely good immitation and many people didin't realise that only the seat facings were real leather! When the S was launched SE gained integrated bluetooth and satnav, which had previously been options. I took delivery of a Giverny Green with Aspen leather and parchment interior 5 days after launch in 2005 and it cost me £40000.
My sister has a 2007 RRS S, purchased used in 2009 with 20,000 miles on it and it came with a huge spec - leather interior, metallic paint (drug baron black!), 20" Style 6 wheels, privacy glass, satnav and hands free (the 1st owner would have been better buying an SE and adding the 20" wheels as an option, would probably cost him less and would have been worth more than speccing up an S!)

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2013 06:11pm by XFullFatTim.)
30-03-2013 10:00am
Evo-king

I've seen another image of a RRS in Firenze with Grey contrast roof, very nice combination.

This car is growing on me. It still is too big for our normal needs, but there will be many who will be tempted into it no doubt.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-03-2013 04:23pm
IKM

I was very disappointed today on my first viewing of the new RRS at the NY autoshow. It just didn't look like it had the quality of the current model. LR staff at the stand knew nothing about the new shade of grey or the ZF auto box. All in all, quite disappointing. Although having said that, the overall quality of other companies' new models were also inferior in comparison to their current models. Guess I'm just old fashioned and expect cars to last!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
31-03-2013 01:33am
benzina

The leaked photos did not do this car any justice, but now that I've seen it presented properly, i think it looks pretty good,and has suddenly aged the previous model with a shorter rear overhang,and single piece rear door glass.
It truly is a design merge of both FFRR & Evoque. I think it looks better then the FFRR, but not quite the killer knockout looks of the gorgeous wedge shaped Evoque design and proportion.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2013 07:30am by benzina.)
31-03-2013 02:03am