Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aftermarket bonnet vents
jph

Aftermarket bonnet vents

Just received a pair of bonnet vents from China via Aliexpress. 85USD delivered. Really well made and packaged! Fits the curve of the bonnet perfectly. Range Rover logo embossed. Hard to tell its not a functional vent due to the bright silver grill over a black background. Took 3 weeks for delivery to Sydney [Image: b943ccdeb98a176c4f57129b88a1f1ca.jpg][Image: 1d815d2a98b71d7f8a6221eea6cfc7ab.jpg]
Cheers
John
13-05-2015 01:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Turbolover

RE: Aftermarket bonnet vents

Hi JPH, that is perfect. Do you know if that ítem can to buy in totally black?

Can you send me the address from Aliexpress where do you buy it?

Thanks
13-05-2015 09:51am
Stanboy

(13-05-2015 09:51am)Turbolover Wrote:  Hi JPH, that is perfect. Do you know if that ítem can to buy in totally black?

Can you send me the address from Aliexpress where do you buy it?

Thanks some here if it works?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R...s&_sacat=0
14-05-2015 09:37am
dynamicgirl

[Image: image.jpg3_zpsajpztgly.jpg][Image: image.jpg2_zpsuz5pdpvr.jpg]Hi Turbolover, AliExpress do them in all black with Land Rover lettering on them, making them look totally OEM. I bought a pair myself, but haven't got round to fitting them yet. They are simply stuck in place with thin 3M tape, which is supplied, so they don't sit too proud from the bonnet. They cost me £68 delivered and they took about 3 weeks to arrive. Smile Paula.

MY15 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door in Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Style 9's, Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Keyless, Heated Steering Wheel, VB Edition Centre Caps, Black Alloy Nuts & Lockers, Philips XV 5K Xenons, Witter Detachable Tow Bar & Full Interior LED's. Barmeca Black Side Steps, Bonnet Vents and Mudflaps to be fitted. Very Happy
Gone MY12 Dynamic SI4 Coupe, Fuji White, Contrast Black Roof, All Black Pack Parts Fitted.
17-05-2015 01:20pm
Turbolover

Thank you both

I try to ask Aliexpress, I have asked other things and there has been no problem.
I prefer putting RANGE ROVER letters, as Paula says are more similar to the original and have the curvature of the hood.

Thank you very much, again.

By the way Paula, yours brought template for placement on the hood?
18-05-2015 06:50am
dynamicgirl

Hi there, no mine didn't come with the template unfortunately.

MY15 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door in Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Style 9's, Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Keyless, Heated Steering Wheel, VB Edition Centre Caps, Black Alloy Nuts & Lockers, Philips XV 5K Xenons, Witter Detachable Tow Bar & Full Interior LED's. Barmeca Black Side Steps, Bonnet Vents and Mudflaps to be fitted. Very Happy
Gone MY12 Dynamic SI4 Coupe, Fuji White, Contrast Black Roof, All Black Pack Parts Fitted.
18-05-2015 12:36pm
bee

(18-05-2015 12:36pm)dynamicgirl Wrote:  Hi there, no mine didn't come with the template unfortunately.

do they hold water in the recess or is there some drainage.Surprised

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
18-05-2015 04:45pm
dynamicgirl

Hi there Bee, there is no drainage on these, so (not having fitted them yet) I imagine that a little water will accumulate in the dummy mesh area (if that's the 'recess' you're meaning) after washing or being parked up in the rain, which will be 'blown away' as soon as the car is on the move again. TBH I prefer the design of these as the mesh is filled in, unlike some of the other aftermarket offerings. On the other ones the water will 'pool' underneath the mesh and it will be more difficult for it to disperse as there doesn't appear to be any form of drainage on them either. To dry my car after washing, I use a high powered Aeolus TD-901 blow dryer (used in dog grooming salons, yet pretty much identical to the very expensive car blow dryers sold by major detailing companies, ..but MUCH cheaper!) so a little bit of water in the vents won't be a problem, lol. Very Happy Paula.

19-05-2015 07:47am
Nickj

Do like these. Any links to where you got them?
05-06-2015 08:38pm
Turbolover

(05-06-2015 08:38pm)Nickj Wrote:  Do like these. Any links to where you got them?

I bought them, here.

http://es.aliexpress.com/item/range-rove...03132.html
01-07-2015 10:19am