Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
SD4 remapping
Clip

SD4 remapping

Anyone have any experience with Advanced Vehicle Remapping? They do a proper remap but just wondering if the gains are realistic?
08-08-2015 12:34am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wheels

RE: SD4 remapping

What are the claims then? Only saw a lot of talk when I looked
14-08-2015 04:41pm
PhilSkill

Bell Auto Services will remap it to around 215-220HP, he could get more but was concerned it puts too much risk on the driveline components.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
14-08-2015 09:26pm
jitenc

Just got it done today by Quatum Tuning.
The real test is when I take it on the M40 tomorrow.
I rarely saw beyond 30mpg, anything above would be the icing on the cake!

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
14-08-2015 11:49pm
fam1x

Will you update us with your findings then please Jitenc

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
15-08-2015 01:37am
Clip

(14-08-2015 11:49pm)jitenc Wrote:  Just got it done today by Quatum Tuning.
The real test is when I take it on the M40 tomorrow.
I rarely saw beyond 30mpg, anything above would be the icing on the cake!
I'm after more performance, don't care about fuel economy. I'm getting 6.9 average at the moment which is just crazy. Be happy to lose some mpg for more performance. But really keen to hear your thoughts on it thanks jitenc.

(14-08-2015 09:26pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Bell Auto Services will remap it to around 215-220HP, he could get more but was concerned it puts too much risk on the driveline components.
Hmm, but don't really understand that. As far is I know there's no difference in running gear, drive line components between the SD4 and the petrol Si that puts out 235hp, and then folks get them remapped to over 250hp. Unless it's the torque he's concerned about maybe?
(This post was last modified: 16-08-2015 02:49am by Clip.)
16-08-2015 02:41am
jitenc

Hi fam1x and Clip,
Great motorway experience I had yesterday.

Just a brief note on my driving first.
Having being transformed from the BMW family, my driving characteristics have not changed yet. Nor do I suppose it should. BMW handling is superb and they are drivers' cars.
Put it this way, on the motorway, I am rarely overtaken by any other cars on the fast lane. I won't call myself as heavy footed, rather a,'gradual acceralator!'And hence, my Evoque status of only achieving between 27.9 mpg to max 31 mpg! I don't really get excited by people posting what mpgs were achieved with what distances and under what conditions. That kills the driving experience for me.
I found the evoque turbo lag a real nuisance when pulling out from a stop. I also felt that during accrelation, there was drag between when you pressed down the pedal and when you actually get to the desired speed.
So, a couple of years back, I invested into a device that attaches to your diesel rail. The way it worked, as I understood,was it fooled the engine in thinking it needed more juice, and hence, added torque and acceleration. This was great, but i found it dangerous during braking. I could not judged the breaking distance, as the car was still fooled into it needing more juice, thus more push while I was braking. That lasted only a week.
So, after reading a few reviews, I decide to give mapping the SD4 a go. Ringing up a few dealership gave me an idea of the cost and I booked an appointment to have it done at home. The process took less than an hour. Details were emailed back to the company and the information sent back was relayed into the OBD.
The, ' Blue Quantum tuning' product I went for was the most popular for improved economy and better performance. There is a' Red' version which is for maximum performance only. I am sure all the reputed companies could tailor the mapping according to how your driving is.

So back on the motorway, there was a smooth transition between pushing the pedal down and the acceleration. The ride felt, ' lighter'. Braking felt normal. You learn what your braking distance should be, because of the added performance. Mpg increased by 4 mpgs considering I seldom ventured into the middle lane. What a difference adding extra torque within safe limits makes to the Evoque. I don't think you need a supercharged engine in an Evoque anymore.

So overall impressions. I was happy with the extra torque and don't think I could handle anything more. Would I recommend this to the drivers who think everyday is a Sunday. Definitely, yes! Wish I'd done it earlier. Yes, but only after the car warranty runs out. Smile

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
16-08-2015 08:39am