Any thoughts on this? It mimicks the big RR taillamps which are square

15 Maserati Quattroporte GTS
11 Mini John Cooper Works
12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
03-10-2014 10:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evogirl

RE: Aftermarket Taillamps-Square Design

Somebody did this mod on the other forum.....for me a big no no, as I think they're cheap looking.
04-10-2014 10:38am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I had a Hawke conversion done to add LED DRLS to the adaptive headlights my TDv8RRS - they were well done and unlike some other companies doing the same conversion the LEDs that Hawke used didn't suffer from failed elements in the strip of LEDs after a few months.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 12:36pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-10-2014 12:36pm
Blackseries

(03-10-2014 10:57pm)Bruno787 Wrote:  Any thoughts on this? It mimicks the big RR taillamps which are square

I really like them. Its one of the things I would like to see in the up-coming facelift.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
04-10-2014 02:31pm
Sarcastrix

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
14-10-2014 12:20pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Just some comments on the install above:
a) There are now 3 designs of rear lights from the factory - standard, Beckham Edition and now the slightly smoked totally clear lens version that comes with the black pack.
[Image: 55E84733-177E-435E-AC18-A248D7DD6DAF_zpskspars6f.jpg]

b) Having gone down the LED rear light conversion on my Defender and had a problem at MOT time make sure the fittings have a visible CE mark on the OUTSIDE of the lights otherwise a tester may ask you to dismantle them to prove they are type approved at MOT Time, of course this only applies in the UK or other EU countries with annual government tests

c) I was a bit disturbed at his comments about the rubber seals of the OEM falling off and passing water into the inside of the body, there are a couple of posts here about water ingress through the rear cam but this could also be a cause of canbus problems - poor QC at the factory and makers. I had a similar issue with the top half tailgate lock on my last RRS, after 3 years it filled up with condesnation and rain water through the persihed rubber cover for the upper tailgate release. It wasn't an easy job to renew a 25p rubber gaiter, it was a warranty claim for a complete new tailgate! Hopefully RRE is a bit better

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 02:38pm by XFullFatTim.)
14-10-2014 02:13pm
Bulldog

Fitted these aftermarket units about 3 months ago due to the fact i have the black pack and IMO did not think the clear rear lights went with the car so fitted the smoked version to enhance the black pack, also since collecting my Evoque (March) i had to take it back to the dealers to have the standard rear lights replaced due to condensation inside the units several times, They are E marked and are quite good quality and would not say they look cheap but some have wrapped them rather than fit aftermarket jobs which also looked good.

MY14 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5door in Zanzibar with black interior - Black contrast roof - Black pack - Privacy glass - Electric tailgate - Panoramic roof - Park assist - Spare wheel.
30-10-2014 05:26pm