Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Aftermarket In Car Entertainment for Rear Headrests
Davo1972

RE: Aftermarket In Car Entertainment for Rear Headrests

I had the Rosen AV7900 fitted to my Evoque last year, great looking hardware and keeps my seven year old entertained for hours (built in games and DVD's) Very Happy
14-03-2016 03:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chrisjako

Yeah ross's are good but expensive - ive gone through quite a few aftermarket headrests in different vehicles over the years, ive been using these xtrons for over 2 months now and although they aren't touchscreen I couldn't be more pleased with this pair for £160
14-03-2016 07:11pm
Robsie71

(14-03-2016 01:51pm)chrisjako Wrote:  

Thanks Chris...does that then allow you to get at the arm rest as couldn't see from the video as can only see the centre console top off.

Thanks
14-03-2016 10:05pm
chrisjako

(14-03-2016 10:05pm)Robsie71 Wrote:  Thanks Chris...does that then allow you to get at the arm rest as couldn't see from the video as can only see the centre console top off.

Thanks

you don't need to remove the armrest - just the centre cubbyhole which is held on by 4 screws, thatll give you access to the 12v cigarette lighter in there
14-03-2016 11:56pm
Robsie71

Many thanks Chris - does anybody know if there is spare wiring for a 12v lighter given I dont have the additional one in the console or will i need to wire a new one off the exisiitng one?
15-03-2016 07:49pm
chrisjako

(15-03-2016 07:49pm)Robsie71 Wrote:  Many thanks Chris - does anybody know if there is spare wiring for a 12v lighter given I dont have the additional one in the console or will i need to wire a new one off the exisiitng one?

if you don't have one in the cup holder console then remove this and you should be able to gain access to the one in the armrest
16-03-2016 08:44am
lostit

Do the replacement headrest xtrons look ok, from the front etc. The ones mounted on the seat back look ok'ish but not as good as the headrest ones from the pics at least.

we have just picked up a MY16 Dynamic and looking at options,, the seats are a dark grey (don't know the standard color off the top of my head)

just wondering if they look the part before I order.

//Lostit
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 02:49pm by lostit.)
08-04-2016 02:45pm
Woppyman

What's the quality like? I have black interior, just picked Evoque up yesterday. Don want to fit something that looks poor quality or doesn't function safely as a headrest though
24-04-2016 09:08am
Woppyman

(08-04-2016 02:45pm)lostit Wrote:  Do the replacement headrest xtrons look ok, from the front etc. The ones mounted on the seat back look ok'ish but not as good as the headrest ones from the pics at least.

we have just picked up a MY16 Dynamic and looking at options,, the seats are a dark grey (don't know the standard color off the top of my head)

just wondering if they look the part before I order.

//Lostit

I've just bought the 9" Xtrons, but m sending them back.

The black doesn't match the Oxford bark grey/black close enough on my MY16 Dynamic. Also the poles that attach to the headrest do not have the indents deep enough to connect - I'm not having the headrests fly off in an accident.

For those that are interested - don't try to prise off the netting retainer on the back seat - you'll snap it off from the lugs.
Instead grasp the bottom of the plastic chair back and pull towards you. There are three retaining clips that will unpop, then pull the whole back downwards to clear the top plastic lugs that hook upwards. The bottom fabric just unclips from bottom of chair, then it comes off.

Headrests are a pain to get out. Get a friend to press the back parts of the headrest collar downwards, this loosens the metal retaining clip but you still need to wiggle and pull left and right. Don't pull too hard or you will end up out of the pano roof!

Going to look at other options for RSE.

Wops
01-05-2016 01:18pm