Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Accessories
Token

Accessories

Hi all

Has anyone looked into whether or not it is possible to have the Cargo Barrier fitted if you also have Social Seating fitted on the Coupe?

Also, has anyone looked into whether or not it is possible to have the Flexible Loadspace Liner when the Cargo Barrier is fitted?

Finally...which accessories are you guys going to go for?

I am thinking about going for the following:

- Union Jack Valve Caps
- Side Protection Tubes (depends if I'm going to do an off-roading)
- Tow Bar (although suspect cheaper to get fitter away from Land Rover...prices seem high)
- Load Space Liner or Load Space Rubber Mat
- Cargo Barrier
- Social Seating
- Electric Cool Bag (although suspect cheaper alternatives available)

Token

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
29-08-2011 10:33am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Accessories

Tow bar will be cheaper fitted by anywhere else than LR, but you will void your LR warranty using non- approved accessories.................. they have you by the short and curlies over that, especially when it comes to fitting the electrics. Any problems resulting in electrical gremlins then LR will wash their hands of you and say it's not an approved towbar and electrics, get the fitting company to fix the problem (even if it is not related to the tow bar they will do that too!). LR are particularly harsh with fitting non-approved accessories.
With regards to the bits you are thinking about, I would wait a few months as most will become available at discount on e-bay or from the likes of Duckworthparts or Lookers Park Royal Parts and Accessories Dept with a forum membership discount often being available
Accessories that I am fitting - rubber load space mat, possibly the "sports" style mud flaps but will do that myself after I have seen how much spray that the car kicks up in the wet, detachable towbar, paint protection system, solar panel battery conditioner(£12.99 from Maplin and will save a lot of heartache in the winter!)............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2011 10:49am by XFullFatTim.)
29-08-2011 10:40am
Token

Great advice FFT, thanks for that...this is really valuable insight. Have you had the Paint Protection System before? How much of a difference does it make?

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
29-08-2011 10:57am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Last time I had a paint protection system applied to a car was way back in 1992, I didn't keep the car long enough to find out if it was any benefit or not! That was also a White car and the reason I'm doing it this time is because I have a rookery less than 100m from my house and my drive is right under the flight path. I've had many darker coloured cars in the last 10 years and the "bombings" from the rooks haven't shown up but I suspect on a white car the staining may well lead to discolouring so am trying it just in case the car will not fit through my garage door and has to live outside. My opinion of paint protection systems is that I rate them about as highly as "snake oil" and hope that since I last tried it that things have advanced. I'm having a Gard-x coating applied - IIRC the system I used before was called Autoclenz or something similar.

BTW regarding the various bits that you are not sure if they will work in harmony, buy them and if they don't then you can always sell the bits that don't fit on here or on e-Bay. Regarding the social seating and load space divider - both of these are dealer fit accessories and as neither need any electrics you could save a fair bit buy buying them from your dealer and fitting them yourself (LR dealers hourly rate is usually in the region of £110 - £120/h!!!)- the instruction sheets come with the bits but you can (will be able to!) download them from the LR TOPix website so you can see beforehand if your technical abilities are up to a DIY job!

Also for those of you who are not readers of Disco3.co.uk/ RRSport.co.uk/FFRR.com then over on those forums there are several members who make a living from workplace/ home servicing of LR products and the supply/fitting of LR accessories.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2011 11:22am by XFullFatTim.)
29-08-2011 11:08am
BFGEvoqueMan

(29-08-2011 10:40am)FullFatTim Wrote:  Tow bar will be cheaper fitted by anywhere else than LR, but you will void your LR warranty using non- approved accessories.................. they have you by the short and curlies over that, especially when it comes to fitting the electrics. Any problems resulting in electrical gremlins then LR will wash their hands of you and say it's not an approved towbar and electrics, get the fitting company to fix the problem (even if it is not related to the tow bar they will do that too!). LR are particularly harsh with fitting non-approved accessories.
With regards to the bits you are thinking about, I would wait a few months as most will become available at discount on e-bay or from the likes of Duckworthparts or Lookers Park Royal Parts and Accessories Dept with a forum membership discount often being available
Accessories that I am fitting - rubber load space mat, possibly the "sports" style mud flaps but will do that myself after I have seen how much spray that the car kicks up in the wet, detachable towbar, paint protection system, solar panel battery conditioner(£12.99 from Maplin and will save a lot of heartache in the winter!)............

As long as the towbar is e-approved (which it has to be to be on sale) then there are absolutely no warranty issues; by being e-approved it meets the requirements of the manufacturers points (the same number and location) and has been tested to a common standard in terms of capacity, longevity etc. The only bit that a manufacturer might get a monk on about is the electrics, but since the LR part is quite reasonable and takes about 10 minutes to fit one would be silly to go for an alternative electical set.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
29-08-2011 12:21pm