Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3 F Type Jaguars
SebM

RE: 3 F Type Jaguars

Yesterday I drove for a quick testdrive the V6 3.0S and the V8 5.0... both are amazing !!! The 3.0S is lighter and agile, the sound is just incredible (I love pass trough tunnels)... the 5.0 is more "GT", like the XKR-S Convertible I drove for an article on Wheels And You... It's a great car, congrats Jaguar and for me it's an evidence, between the F-Type and the 911, I choose the Jag !!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
25-04-2013 06:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KaDargo

PHP Code:
Yesterday was picking up the Evoque after its service (£380:shock:, but luckily I wasn't paying - another story), and round the corner in the Jag section were two, red and black - bloody gorgeous, the photos don'do it justicethis is one seriously beautiful car................then the sales guy started one up OMFG :bowwhat a noise !!! 

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
03-05-2013 07:56am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The F Type cannot be selling too well, I see on the Jaguar website that they are offering a £14,999 "contribution" to the cost of buying either a Coupe or a ragtop if you take Jaguar PCP at 5.9% APR. That brings the cost of the mid range V6S/C 380hp down to the price of a high spec Evoque................. now I wonder if I should change my order to a V6S/C Coupe F Type..............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 02:23pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-01-2014 02:22pm
ChuckieB

(12-01-2014 02:22pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The F Type cannot be selling too well, I see on the Jaguar website that they are offering a £14,999 "contribution" to the cost of buying either a Coupe or a ragtop if you take Jaguar PCP at 5.9% APR. That brings the cost of the mid range V6S/C 380hp down to the price of a high spec Evoque................. now I wonder if I should change my order to a V6S/C Coupe F Type..............

And where would you keep it? Your garage is full of.......gear!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
12-01-2014 09:56pm
XFullFatTim

A coupe could sit outside like the Evoque did

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-01-2014 05:54am
Jinzen

(13-01-2014 05:54am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  A coupe could sit outside like the Evoque did

I'd only ever buy a Jag after 3 years and 50%-60% depreciation.
14-01-2014 01:35am
XFullFatTim

It would appear that the offer I saw was not on F Types but on XK's which are in run-out - production is stopping soon

14-01-2014 06:32am
DannyWoz

I absolutely love the F-Type, must confess I did test drive one recently, but unfortunately have no intention of purchasing one (didnt mislead the dealer into thinking I was, but he knew im looking to buy an Evoque).

The handling is phenomenal, I have been fortunate enough to drive a Porsche 911 around a test track at decent speeds and must say, I was not expecting the F-type to come close to it... My opinion? I would much rather have the Jag! While I think the way it held the road at speed and the handling was very similar, the style both inside and out and the comfort made it a clear winner. Plus I can imagine that the F-typeR coupe will be even more amazing!

If only I didnt have a wife and kids, then I certainly would be looking to purchase!
15-01-2014 01:36am
scrannel

My LR dealer recently took on Jag with a couple of F's on the floor (since sold). I wasn't knocked out by the styling, honestly. Same with the C7 Corvette: amazing car that should have spent more time in the style studio. It's a bit of a "game" in So. Ca. (as elsewhere I assume) as you cannot drive F's, C7s or Porsches anywhere near their capability w/o getting arrested. Well, here, since everyone is jammed on the freeways, all these cars turn into commuter pods in the end. Or weekend cars -- which is why the F will sell best here as a convertible.

As a side note, next door to my dealer is a new, massive -- and I mean massive -- Bentley/Rolls/Maserati and Ferrari super dealership. At least three acres. Staggering, really. And they have a Ducati dealership. The showroom is pure whites and greys like an Apple store -- and all the sales clerks are attractive young women wearing full leathers! Wait until summer hits. Honestly, So. Ca. is Babylon.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2014 02:42pm by scrannel.)
18-01-2014 02:37pm
Copiche

It looks nice, but because of Jaguar's terrible reliability, I think I would rather have a Porsche

affiliate marketing programs
09-05-2014 04:11pm