Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2nd Service - Bad Experience - Memphis TN
gabhishekanand

2nd Service - Bad Experience - Memphis TN

Service Site: Jaguar Land Rover Bluff City

Hi guys,

I am really surprised at the lack of concern towards customer that I had faced today. I want to report it in the appropriate channel, please advise/pm me on what is the right contact to approach so that this dealer understands that customer service stands first.

Here's my experience today.

My car crossed 17,000 miles and is due for its second service. As per the protocol I call the dealer at 8:30 AM and tell him that I need a regular service, he said ok and I confirmed that I will drop it off at 9 Am. He asked me if I was going to wait for 2 hrs as its a regular service and I said I would like to be dropped off at the office which is 5 mins away . Im busy at my office and its already 5:50PM and I didnt receive a call that I was told I will receive once the car is ready. I call them back to check what is going on, and am directed to a voicemail. I leave a voicemail and then get a call back with the service guy telling me that there were some issues and my car was not going to be delivered today and that he will send someone to drop me back at home. I said I would like a loner car as I need to drop my wife every morning but they had none. He said you can come back and take your car. Thats it! As cold as that. I previously had a lexus and I still miss their level of customer service. Really sad that I am stuck with a great car but the worst, negligent service dealer who gives a damn about the customer. I am still not sure whether I should just take it to a firestone or some local auto guy to get the oil change as there was absolutely no reason why the dealer just couldnt call me and tell me it was not going to be ready or atleast offer me a loner car in the morning if they know the schedule was going to be busy.

The service is as follows

Filter Oil - $14.14
Plug Oil Drain - $12.30
5W-30 FULL Syn - $54.54
Shop Supplies - $6.80
Environment Handling fee - $3.00
Labor - $55.00

Total = $159.26

I would get the same service for almost $100 bucks or less at a local auto service dealer with better customer service. Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks
Abhi

2013 Range Rover Evoque Prestige
Black
04-04-2014 01:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

RE: 2nd Service - Bad Experience - Memphis TN

(04-04-2014 01:35am)gabhishekanand Wrote:  Service Site: Jaguar Land Rover Bluff City

Hi guys,

I am really surprised at the lack of concern towards customer that I had faced today. I want to report it in the appropriate channel, please advise/pm me on what is the right contact to approach so that this dealer understands that customer service stands first.

Here's my experience today.

My car crossed 17,000 miles and is due for its second service. As per the protocol I call the dealer at 8:30 AM and tell him that I need a regular service, he said ok and I confirmed that I will drop it off at 9 Am. He asked me if I was going to wait for 2 hrs as its a regular service and I said I would like to be dropped off at the office which is 5 mins away . Im busy at my office and its already 5:50PM and I didnt receive a call that I was told I will receive once the car is ready. I call them back to check what is going on, and am directed to a voicemail. I leave a voicemail and then get a call back with the service guy telling me that there were some issues and my car was not going to be delivered today and that he will send someone to drop me back at home. I said I would like a loner car as I need to drop my wife every morning but they had none. He said you can come back and take your car. Thats it! As cold as that. I previously had a lexus and I still miss their level of customer service. Really sad that I am stuck with a great car but the worst, negligent service dealer who gives a damn about the customer. I am still not sure whether I should just take it to a firestone or some local auto guy to get the oil change as there was absolutely no reason why the dealer just couldnt call me and tell me it was not going to be ready or atleast offer me a loner car in the morning if they know the schedule was going to be busy.

The service is as follows

Filter Oil - $14.14
Plug Oil Drain - $12.30
5W-30 FULL Syn - $54.54
Shop Supplies - $6.80
Environment Handling fee - $3.00
Labor - $55.00

Total = $159.26

I would get the same service for almost $100 bucks or less at a local auto service dealer with better customer service. Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks
Abhi

2013 Range Rover Evoque Prestige
Black
$159.26 ShockedShocked that's about £100. I have just paid £413 in the uk and it would seem that this is way off the higher prices we pay in the uk so I wouldn't complain too much

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
04-04-2014 08:09am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You called the dealer at 8-30 to get offered a service slot at 9-00 the same day - goodness we have to book the car in weeks in advance over here and often there isn't an offer of a loan car! What is wrong with the level of service? So they advised you that your car has something that means they need to keep it a bit longer - yes it would have been nice if the dealer didn't send your call to voice mail, but maybe the service reception was very busy with other irate customers at the time................. and yes it would be nice to get a loaner, but at that short notice for a service I wouldn't expect to have a loaner.

If you feel that you didn't get satisfactory service then your first line of action should be to send a letter, not a phone call or email, to the owner or dealer principal at the dealership setting out politely and calmly that your expectations were not met and asking to meet with the service manager and DP to discuss the problem. As a start you could email the dealer a link to this post, but I suspect that will not do your cause much good. In Europe, after a service Land Rover (not the dealership) sends customers either an email or letter with a customer satisfaction survey to complete online or by post. Dealers do not get to see this unless they have received very poor ratings or extremely good ratings - they also get points towards an annual performance award IIRC

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-04-2014 09:20am
mark_n

Seems pretty good value to me and, as Tim says, we have to book weeks in advance over here. I think you are complaining about nothing.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
04-04-2014 09:51am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Dealer price synthetic oil for a full oil change............... $54! Thats £35, Land Rover dealers in Europe sit up and read - that is the price we pay from a large chain of car care stores here and about 1/3rd of the price a Land Rover dealer charges!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-04-2014 10:02am
gabhishekanand

Wow.. I was here to complain but looks like a lot of people feel ripped off for the rates they are paying.. Fully understandable.

But the rate is not the concern, also yes these guys usually let us know to bring in the car a couple of days later.. But the day I went, they calculated that they were able to accommodate me. Also, they did not say about anything else extra had to be done on the car .. Just oil change .. To add to it, there was no communication that the car won't be ready when that very morning I was told it would be ready in 2 hrs..Which is the main reason I was upset..

TIL- UK customers/dealers/rates are a whole different ball game ! My god.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 03:38pm by gabhishekanand.)
04-04-2014 02:10pm
scrannel

(04-04-2014 02:10pm)gabhishekanand Wrote:  TIL- UK customers/dealers/rates are a whole different ball game ! My god.

The whole UK car thing is heavily S&M. None of the UK dealers I read about on this forum would last a year in the states.

However -- as a states-side owners (So. California) -- the question I'd have for you is: what were the other issues your car needed? I just noticed on my Topix page I'm suddenly in need of a fuel regulator. Sometimes a dealer doesn't discover this stuff until your car is in for standard work. I usually ask my dealer a couple days ahead before I go in (to be sure they have a loaner, just in case) -- and yes, UK Tribe -- it's always that easy to get the car in. But I also want to give my guy a chance to see what else might be lurking and leave them time for the unknown. If you felt they were rude... tell them. I love my dealer and partially for that reason am on my 8th LR product.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
06-04-2014 04:37pm
spif888

$55 labour.

Try $180 an hour in Australia !!

I can only dream about paying your prices.

I need to book my car at least a month in advance to receive a loan car.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
09-04-2014 01:36pm
jim4244

There's just no pleasing some people............Rolling with Laughter

Jim

MY14 Dynamic, Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof, 9 speed, pano roof & privacy glass.
10-04-2014 07:35pm