Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2015 Performance upgrades
BeansEV

2015 Performance upgrades

Guys just picked up a 2015 , curious to find out what mods will bring this baby alive . I notice a lot of lag in the drive by wire . Post up what works and what doesn't so I don't waste my time . Car has 12 miles on it so the MOD's will start soon but want to get a few miles on her. Thanks in advance .
23-10-2015 11:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeansEV

RE: 2015 Performance upgrades

94 views and not one reply as to any modifications for performance . IS this because no one mods their Evoques?
25-10-2015 03:39pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Beans we all know that Land Rover reads the forums and takes note of any modifications that people claim to make. This can lead to warranties being invalidated so people tend not to broadcast that they have chipped their cars. There are modified Evoques but with a standard 3 year warranty in Europe and Land Rover's less than glittering mechanical history it is too much to risk by telling the world that you have a chipped car until the warranty has expired.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-10-2015 07:23pm
BeansEV

Wow that's crazy .............I would never think that they( RR ) are trying to figure out peoples screen names and note their online chit chat. But ok . I didn't think there would be a secret society with these cars and modifications lol .
26-10-2015 12:58am
Clip

Mate, guessing you have a petrol (gas) rather than a diesel? If so there are heaps of performance mods. For ECU tuning, I only go with proper remaps, not piggy back modules. There are also exhaust, turbo, cold air intake mods etc etc. Just depends on how much money you want to part with and how far you want to push the reliability.

Not sure about the USA, but down here if you do a mod and something goes wrong, the manufacturer has to prove the mod caused the failure to deny a claim. For eg I had the orginal VW Tiguan that was used by APR as the test vehicle (yes, they flew out from USA and as the Tiguan was the first with the new TSI engine that was to be used in the as yet unreleased new GTI, and they were keen to get a head start). The tuning took my Tiguan from 125kw and 340Nm to 180kw and 405Nm. It later cracked an inlet manifold, but eventhough VW knew it was chipped, they still honoured the warantee and replaced it as the mod couldn't be directly blamed for the failure.
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2015 01:15pm by Clip.)
26-10-2015 01:03pm
BeansEV

(26-10-2015 01:03pm)Clip Wrote:  Mate, guessing you have a petrol (gas) rather than a diesel? If so there are heaps of performance mods. For ECU tuning, I only go with proper remaps, not piggy back modules. There are also exhaust, turbo, cold air intake mods etc etc. Just depends on how much money you want to part with and how far you want to push the reliability.

Not sure about the USA, but down here if you do a mod and something goes wrong, the manufacturer has to prove the mod caused the failure to deny a claim. For eg I had the orginal VW Tiguan that was used by APR as the test vehicle (yes, they flew out from USA and as the Tiguan was the first with the new TSI engine that was to be used in the as yet unreleased new GTI, and they were keen to get a head start). The tuning took my Tiguan from 125kw and 340Nm to 180kw and 405Nm. It later cracked an inlet manifold, but eventhough VW knew it was chipped, they still honoured the warantee and replaced it as the mod couldn't be directly blamed for the failure.

Clip can you lead me to the websites for any upgrades or just list names and I will Google them . I have found a hand full of things but nothing major . Usually they have to prove it here where I am in the U.S. . But that's not to say they wont deny it . I was surprised that there wasn't more on these on the forum since its such a sweet design of a vehicle .
26-10-2015 03:28pm
Clip

(26-10-2015 03:28pm)BeansEV Wrote:  Clip can you lead me to the websites for any upgrades or just list names and I will Google them . I have found a hand full of things but nothing major . Usually they have to prove it here where I am in the U.S. . But that's not to say they wont deny it . I was surprised that there wasn't more on these on the forum since its such a sweet design of a vehicle .
Mate I'm in Australia, but here's a some that do proper remaps with some info for you (click on the names):
Prestige Autos
Quantum
Auto Code
I haven't used any, just a couple that have been recomended. Hope that helps Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 06:45am by Clip.)
01-11-2015 06:30am
BeansEV

(01-11-2015 06:30am)Clip Wrote:  Mate I'm in Australia, but here's a some that do proper remaps with some info for you (click on the names):
Prestige Autos
Quantum
Auto Code
I haven't used any, just a couple that have been recomended. Hope that helps Smile

Thanks for the Links . I will look into them
04-11-2015 02:05am
RoverPerformance

I'm looking at building a custom turbo kit for my 2.0L petrol Evoque that will produce about 400hp at the crank. This will involve a slightly bigger turbo, custom intercooler, custom header, oil cooler, trans cooler, custom downpipe, custom intake, and ECU tune mapping.

This will be all direct bolt on and use factor oil lines and cooling lines and fittings. The kit will include the computer software and tune maps to flash your ECU.

I'm thinking a creating a few extra kits, would anybody be interested in one of these? I will need to sell them for $5000 just to cover my costs. Is that a reasonable price for everything that comes with the kit?
06-11-2015 02:50am
PhilSkill

Are you going to upgrade the Drivetrain too? otherwise you might find you wear that out rather quick putting 400hp through it!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-11-2015 11:24am