Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2015 Jeep Cherokee 2.0 CRD Auto
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

2015 Jeep Cherokee 2.0 CRD Auto

Oh dear, poor Jeep/ Fiat just cannot get it right! Autocar this week doesn't rate the new 2.0ltd CRD with the same 9 speed auto as the Evoque - they distinctly hammer it as useless! It didn't fall as low as Nil Pointes but not far off it at 1.5/5. The downers:- awful crude, rattlely, noisy under-powered diesel engine. Paddle shift so slow that you can shift 3 or 4 gears before it selects the first one you asked for, the ride is terrible and the handling is way below par.................... to cap it all the 170bhp diesel isn't economical to run and it isn't cheap to buy at £35000. I don't think I have seen such a low score given to a modern yet to be released car..... The same engine is available with a manual shift and Autocar even advises against buying that too. The only plus point they could find was that they reckon it is good to look at................... I would even disagree with that as apart from the awful grille I think it could easily be mistaken for a Kia 4x4

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2014 09:11am by XFullFatTim.)
12-11-2014 06:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: 2015 Jeep Cherokee 2.0 CRD Auto

Yeh, it's grim reading.

That new thing they've brought out ain't much better.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
12-11-2014 11:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply