babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
2015 Jeep Cherokee 2.0 CRD Auto - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Other Vehicles (/Forum-Other-Vehicles)
+---- Thread: 2015 Jeep Cherokee 2.0 CRD Auto (/Thread-2015-Jeep-Cherokee-2-0-CRD-Auto)

2015 Jeep Cherokee 2.0 CRD Auto - XFullFatTim - 12-11-2014 06:52pm

Oh dear, poor Jeep/ Fiat just cannot get it right! Autocar this week doesn't rate the new 2.0ltd CRD with the same 9 speed auto as the Evoque - they distinctly hammer it as useless! It didn't fall as low as Nil Pointes but not far off it at 1.5/5. The downers:- awful crude, rattlely, noisy under-powered diesel engine. Paddle shift so slow that you can shift 3 or 4 gears before it selects the first one you asked for, the ride is terrible and the handling is way below par.................... to cap it all the 170bhp diesel isn't economical to run and it isn't cheap to buy at £35000. I don't think I have seen such a low score given to a modern yet to be released car..... The same engine is available with a manual shift and Autocar even advises against buying that too. The only plus point they could find was that they reckon it is good to look at................... I would even disagree with that as apart from the awful grille I think it could easily be mistaken for a Kia 4x4

RE: 2015 Jeep Cherokee 2.0 CRD Auto - J77 - 12-11-2014 11:53pm

Yeh, it's grim reading.

That new thing they've brought out ain't much better.