Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
boundless

RE: 2014

(23-01-2014 07:36pm)DAF1962 Wrote:  I bought from the dealer that sold me my Jag, Coventry North. Prices are pretty hard to negotiate for the Evoque, as it is still very much in demand. All in I got about $3K off the MSRP but a big chunk of that was the JLR Loyalty discount. I must admit that I didn't negotiate very hard, I wanted the Evoque, wanted it loaded and didn't really want to spend a lot of time trying to sweat them with delays or going around to the few JLR dealers in Toronto seeking a better price. It really depends on whether you consider the Evoque good value for money which, as you know, is a very subjective thing.

Good Luck Boundless in your pursuit. IMO the Evoque is a great balance of desirable traits in a vehicle, particularly here in Canada with our weather and, having owned a Jag, I found JLR reliability to be excellent.

Cheers.

Thanks for the quick reply! I actually went to Coventry North back in early December when I first came up with the idea of perhaps getting a new car. At the time, we were looking at the last few 2013s that were in stock and they didn't have the package I wanted (Dynamic, white with the black roof, black interior and ebony headliner), so I decided to wait and maybe go for a 2014. They were quite negotiable on those 2013s but I assume that it won't be the same case with 2014s right now.

Who did you deal with there?
23-01-2014 07:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DAF1962

(23-01-2014 07:52pm)boundless Wrote:  Thanks for the quick reply! I actually went to Coventry North back in early December when I first came up with the idea of perhaps getting a new car. At the time, we were looking at the last few 2013s that were in stock and they didn't have the package I wanted (Dynamic, white with the black roof, black interior and ebony headliner), so I decided to wait and maybe go for a 2014. They were quite negotiable on those 2013s but I assume that it won't be the same case with 2014s right now.

Who did you deal with there?

Yes, I drove the 2013 version as well and found the 6 speed was a little finicky in stop and go traffic, sometimes searching for a gear but I had heard at that time that a 9 speed was on the horizon, so I thought I would wait and I am glad I did as the shifting is noticeably improved.

I dealt with Shawn Andani at Coventry North, he's quite the fellow, very entertaining and engaging, excellent salesman.
24-01-2014 10:46pm
boundless

(24-01-2014 10:46pm)DAF1962 Wrote:  Yes, I drove the 2013 version as well and found the 6 speed was a little finicky in stop and go traffic, sometimes searching for a gear but I had heard at that time that a 9 speed was on the horizon, so I thought I would wait and I am glad I did as the shifting is noticeably improved.

I dealt with Shawn Andani at Coventry North, he's quite the fellow, very entertaining and engaging, excellent salesman.

DAF1962, I sent you a private message/email. Look forward to your response!
29-01-2014 06:27am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I'm surprised with only 3 posts up the system allowed you to send a PM - the forum settings is minimum 5 posts to activate PMs

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-01-2014 11:07am
boundless

(29-01-2014 11:07am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I'm surprised with only 3 posts up the system allowed you to send a PM - the forum settings is minimum 5 posts to activate PMs

Actually, you're right. It wasn't a PM. I went to his profile and clicked SEND AN EMAIL, so I assume it must have sent him an actual email.
29-01-2014 05:28pm
Alflavor

I take delivery on Friday of a MY14 pure tech 9speed with style pack and privacy glass. Little bit excited...
29-01-2014 07:31pm
boundless

Hi Everyone,

I placed my order today! Delivery is slated to be April 30th.

Here's what I got:

2014 EVOQUE 5DR HB DYNAMIC
FUJI WHITE
EBONY/EBONY, DYNAMIC GRAINED LEATHER SEAT TRIM
SANTORINI BLACK CONTRAST ROOF
SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO
HEATED REAR SEATS
EBONY MORZINE HEADLINER

Looking forward to being a part of the club and the forums!
30-01-2014 04:49am
Rolo_red

Hi
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 08:02pm by Rolo_red.)
31-01-2014 03:28pm
DAF1962

(29-01-2014 06:27am)boundless Wrote:  DAF1962, I sent you a private message/email. Look forward to your response!

Sorry Boundless, didn't get the email. Congrats on the new Evoque, I am sure you will get many hours of enjoyable driving, even in the crappy "Winter from Hell" we've been having, if it repeats next year. Having done a bunch of research on the Adaptive Dynamics (Magneride), which comes standard on the Dynamic, I think that you will really enjoy that functionality. Although there have been many comments in this forum and elsewhere that the difference with or without is hard to notice, except on choppy City pavement, for the cost it is a worthwhile option, particularly if you will be doing a fair amount of City driving on Toronto's less than ideal roads!

Cheers.
01-02-2014 05:40pm
boundless

(01-02-2014 05:40pm)DAF1962 Wrote:  Sorry Boundless, didn't get the email. Congrats on the new Evoque, I am sure you will get many hours of enjoyable driving, even in the crappy "Winter from Hell" we've been having, if it repeats next year. Having done a bunch of research on the Adaptive Dynamics (Magneride), which comes standard on the Dynamic, I think that you will really enjoy that functionality. Although there have been many comments in this forum and elsewhere that the difference with or without is hard to notice, except on choppy City pavement, for the cost it is a worthwhile option, particularly if you will be doing a fair amount of City driving on Toronto's less than ideal roads!

Cheers.

No worries DAF. I went in this past Saturday to finalize the order and put in a deposit. I was originally under the impression that I would be getting the car around April 30th but the salesman said I would get it around April 8th, which is great news to me. I ended up buying at Grand Touring Autos because their offer was the best. I used unhaggle.com to purchase the car which was very good for me as I didn't have time going from dealer to dealer trying to see what deal I can get. I really do vouch for that process and it ended up saving me about $6,000 off MSRP.

About the Adaptive Dynamics, it is actually not standard on the Dynamic for some reason and I didn't end up ordering it on the car. I guess I wanted to spend the money towards other options and I am not really prioritizing BMW-like handling for this vehicle.

I did end up adding the Driver Technology Package (traffic sign recognition, Blind Spot Monitoring w/Closing Vehicle Sensing, reverse traffic detection, Lane Departure Warning), so the only options I don't have are the Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Cruise Control and Parallel Park.

Now I sit and wait anxiously...
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 08:29pm by boundless.)
03-02-2014 05:42pm