Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2 replacement gearboxes on Evoque in first year
HannahB

2 replacement gearboxes on Evoque in first year

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure there are loads of threads about gearbox problems but not sure I know how to search for them or where to start! Just wanted to hear from anyone with serious faults with their new cars and what the conclusion was.

The very short story on mine is that I've had my Evoque almost a year and already had 2 replacement gearboxs and some minor faults with my SatNav. Have now rejected the car and Land Rover financial services are investing. I want a full refund of my deposit and monthly payments but they are suggesting replacement vehicle of the same age & mileage which I'm not happy with.

Mine is 14 plate with 21,000 miles on the clock.

Advice and thoughts are welcome!!
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 09:01pm by HannahB.)
12-03-2015 08:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cedric

RE: 2 replacement gearboxes on Evoque in first year

I think you are probably just unlucky with yours. There have been gear box issues with cars, but from what I have seen, only minor ones. Having said that, mine is from 2012 and I still have the old 6 gear one.
13-03-2015 09:44am
RacingSnake

Sounds like you had a 'friday' car Surprised
2 gearboxes in 1 year! thats shocking!

Did you put those 21000 on it? in which case, yes whilst it's frustrating, you've had it a year and done a serious amount of miles in it.
I've rejected a car in the past, but I had issues from day 1, and it spent the first 2 out of 3 months in the dealers - I accepted a replacement new car at that timescale, I probably could have argued for a refund, but gut feel tells me you're a bit past the full refund stage.

I note you mention it's with LRFS, so it's on finance? which basically means you don't own the car, so it's up to them what happens - you'll need to have the conversation direct with LRFS and they'll need to argue the end result with the dealer on your behalf.
Failing that, I'd only advise you seek proper legal advice and get a solicitor.

Also worth reading your small print in your finance agreement as there is probably a cancellation penalty clause which means it might end up actually costing you money to reject the car Neutral

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
13-03-2015 09:49am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HannahB

Well I did say that to my dealer but he said they don't work Friday's which we both laughed out loud at!!

Yep I put the 21,000 miles on it, my agreement covers me for 25,000 a year.

Yes on finance so as you say it's not actually my car, I've had legal advice and a long letter has been sent to all parties. Land Rover Financial Services are now investigating and we will see what the outcome is!
13-03-2015 04:53pm
Koidream

(13-03-2015 04:53pm)HannahB Wrote:  Well I did say that to my dealer but he said they don't work Friday's which we both laughed out loud at!!
That is the most shocking news for me, because mine was going to be produced March 6th, and that was last friday...EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Maybe that's why I still didn't hear a thing of my dealer. Very Happy

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
13-03-2015 06:38pm
HannahB

Hahaha!! Maybe he just said that to shut me up, who knows but it was pretty funny!
13-03-2015 06:43pm
Tony

[quote='HannahB' pid='104837' dateline='1426262014']
Well I did say that to my dealer but he said they don't work Friday's which we both laughed out loud at!!

Your dealer either does not know or is telling porkies, the paperwork for mine states it was built on a Friday - the last day before they changed over to the MY15 spec,

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
13-03-2015 07:03pm
RacingSnake

(13-03-2015 07:03pm)Tony Wrote:  Your dealer either does not know or is telling porkies, the paperwork for mine states it was built on a Friday - the last day before they changed over to the MY15 spec,
Seems pretty clear the dealer was joking Wink

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
13-03-2015 07:17pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HannahB

Yes it was clearly a joke!!
14-03-2015 12:26am
Tony

Well when my new £50k car was towed away failed twice! I guess I failed to see the funny side and any stupid quip by a salesman would have been treated as such.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2015 10:56am by Tony.)
14-03-2015 10:55am