Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Evoque - 2nd week in some thoughts
Big G

My Evoque - 2nd week in some thoughts

So I've had the Evoque for 2 weeks now and really am pleased with it to date. I have a few differnt marques in my time and as a 1st time LR owner thought I'd share my experience thus far. Now I've only done small trips from home to the office in heavy traffic , takes me 30 mins for 8KM - so ave MPG 21.9 !

There's one small blip with the smart key and getting that sorted.

Overall impressions are its fantastic to drive, a great viewing position, really comfortable seats, love the interior and the smell. With the Adaptive Dynamics and Magneride suspension it really does give it smooth and comfortable ride , didn't seem to get the wind noise others have mentioned either. Even on a small burst on the motorway it's very smooth and quiet even at 120 KPH. Dynamic setting does give a totally different dimension, much firmer ride all round. Not sure I'll use it that much - but the red dials look great !

The manual gearbox is very tight and responsive. I love the rear camera, and as its a Coupe, vision is slightly more restricted at the rear and I would consider this as an essential. The pano roof is another great option - almost mandatory, just makes the cockpit bright and airy, really does add to the experience. Very Happy

The Meridian audio is great and more than good enough for my tastes. The touch screen is Ok , its quite intuitive, but not fantastic. Ditto the trip meter. A no of presets can be decided after pickup via the menu system, such as headlamp delay, folding mirrors etc (I left a separate post on this), and this is great as well.

The boot space is adequate, I guess you can't have everything and compromises are made, at least the seats fold down.

Finally it really is a head turner, and when parked a no of people were waiting when I came back who wanted to take a look. Bow down

The only 'downside' was the dealer handover really. No 'extra's, took 45 mins, and I had about an 1/8th of a tank, had to fill up almost the minute I drove out from the dealer. Guess that may be over fussy , but looking at what others have got, it would have been nice for something - even flowers for the Mrs !. Sad

To all those frustrated at the wait all I can say is it is really worth it and you'll hopefully soon forget about it after driving it away.Very Happy

So all in all really very very happy. Can't wait to take on a decent run to get some mileage stats, have something planned in a couple of weeks so will post back then.Thumbs Up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
28-02-2012 11:01am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PAT

RE: My Evoque - 2nd week in some thoughts

1/8 of a tank is really shoddy but it just seems to be so hit and miss when it comes to dealer handovers and extras.

Thankfully the frustrating wait for me is almost over after nearly 7 months so I look forward to getting used to the car as there's nothing quite like the first few months of driving a new car and especially one as special as the RRE.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
29-02-2012 02:29pm
lngrn36

At delivery I had a full tank of gas. As we were walking around I saw a speck of dust on the boot. As I went to wipe it away the salesman asked if he could do that for me and got a silk cloth to wipe it and look for more! It was sitting at the door way on the rocks in front of the showroom. Outstanding 30 minutes that I enjoyed at delivery!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
29-02-2012 02:48pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I really cannot understand dealers leaving your pride and joy new car with vapours in the tank as you drive off their show floor. All they need to do in the UK is to include the price in the OTR package, so long as they are above board about it. When I order my cars now I specify that I will require a full tank so that I have the option if I want to drive back home 470 miles without having to hunt for a forecourt or have the embarrassment of having to get the owner's manual out on the filling station forecourt to see where the filler cap is! At least on the last 4 RR's there has been a small arrowhead painted on the fuel gauge face so I don't have to search now, and LPR has always delivered the cars with a full tank, as requested!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 06:26pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-02-2012 06:26pm
SebM

Congrats !

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
29-02-2012 08:37pm
Big G

(29-02-2012 02:48pm)lngrn36 Wrote:  At delivery I had a full tank of gas. As we were walking around I saw a speck of dust on the boot. As I went to wipe it away the salesman asked if he could do that for me and got a silk cloth to wipe it and look for more! It was sitting at the door way on the rocks in front of the showroom. Outstanding 30 minutes that I enjoyed at delivery!

Thats certainly exceptional customer service !
(29-02-2012 06:26pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I really cannot understand dealers leaving your pride and joy new car with vapours in the tank as you drive off their show floor. All they need to do in the UK is to include the price in the OTR package, so long as they are above board about it. When I order my cars now I specify that I will require a full tank so that I have the option if I want to drive back home 470 miles without having to hunt for a forecourt or have the embarrassment of having to get the owner's manual out on the filling station forecourt to see where the filler cap is! At least on the last 4 RR's there has been a small arrowhead painted on the fuel gauge face so I don't have to search now, and LPR has always delivered the cars with a full tank, as requested!

It's funny its almost an 'attitude' really. I know they are in demand, but here in ROI as everyone knows business isn't great, and you'd have thought some sort of gesture would have been made. Beginning last year we got an Audi A1 for the the wife. When we picked it up they had a superb bouquet, a golf umbrella and threw in a superguard treatment inside and out. Now - who would I recommend to friends , colleagues, family?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 12:11pm by Big G.)
01-03-2012 12:07pm
jrinns

We were lucky with handover then

1 full tank of black stuff
2 LR eXperience tickets
1 Evoque pen - yes £35 is a bit steep tho in the shop
1 Family portrait voucher worth £210 - I know this is a trick to get you to buy more. But I still get and 10 x 8 free if i want it.
02-03-2012 03:34pm