babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
suspension problems with 22''alloys - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: suspension problems with 22''alloys (/Thread-suspension-problems-with-22-alloys)

suspension problems with 22''alloys - colmorgan - 24-02-2016 10:50pm

dealer just told me they had a RRE in and suspension arms/links etc where shot-they saying its due to the 22''alloys- anybody have any thoughts on this

RE: suspension problems with 22''alloys - wheels - 25-02-2016 03:44am

If the ET on the wheels are about the same, I would say its just a load of bull...
A lot of inspired driving can cause it to happen, specially if you have a good set of tires
But could just as easily do that with 20 inch rims

RE: suspension problems with 22''alloys - Clip - 27-02-2016 05:33am

Interesting, my tyre guy (I picked up steel blade on the road and destroyed my tyre) was just telling me that my MY15 had the newly designed and engeneered front end. He said they spent millions redeveloping it as there were problems with the design on the original Evoques.

RE: suspension problems with 22''alloys - wheels - 28-02-2016 04:59am

You mean the suspension?

RE: suspension problems with 22''alloys - Clip - 28-02-2016 05:16am

He didn't mention springs or shocks, but control arms, links etc. Didn't mention any structural changes to the frame either. According to him the redesign cost them millions, and that this wasn't loudly promoted, but rather done quietly. Mine is an MY15 and according to him it has the updated components.

I imagine it would be easy to find out just by comparing the part numbers of individual components.

RE: suspension problems with 22''alloys - wheels - 28-02-2016 11:24am

So its propably bushings etc that are inferior. Had a Seat with same problem, bushings in the front suspensin, 50-60000km only,

RE: suspension problems with 22''alloys - XFullFatTim - 28-02-2016 11:35am

Evoque was never intended to have wheels bigger than 20" so it's hardly surprising that something might have failed, I expect there will be a huge bill to repair and an invalidated warranty for the engine and transmission - please don't tell me that is crazy, read your warranty, LR can deny a claim for any reason they see fit and there's nothing you can do about. Many car makers are the same, you fit something that wasn't meant / approved to be there and something fails then you are on your own. People forget that primarily all Land Rovers must be capable of going offroad, some modifications just are not suitable for the drivetrain and offroad specific bits under the car.

RE: suspension problems with 22''alloys - wheels - 29-02-2016 04:41am

Cant see how a 22 inch rim can do any differens. Braking, road surface etc impacts way more

RE: suspension problems with 22''alloys - Clip - 29-02-2016 08:47am

(29-02-2016 04:41am)wheels Wrote:  Cant see how a 22 inch rim can do any differens. Braking, road surface etc impacts way more
I agree, can't see that the lower profile tyre is really going to load up the suspension/steering components any more that a set of 20". Of course if you throw on some massively wide tyres, then yes that could have an impact.